Thursday, September 17, 2009

10 things that annoy me



1. Excessive use of bad English

Unless it's intentional or an accident.

Well, I don't mind seeing a little. But the most obvious mistakes are spreading like epidemic disease such as "Dateline" (supposedly 'Deadline'), "Your" (When it's supposed to be "you're"), and a bunch of confusions between singular and plural terms and tenses. Tell you what, when you're unsure of your grammar, you can always check in Microsoft Word. If you're too sure that your grammar is correct (although it isn't), then... *shrugs*. Also, the spelling. Word can help you with that too.



Oh yea, if you don't have a dictionary, or too busy going online to flip through it, you can always go to Dictionary.com. It provides thesaurus and several other facilities too!! Use it wisely.



So... you guys kind of... wasted paying your English teacher for nothing. Don't you feel guilty?

2. Worshipping "Love"

I may offend some of my friends about this. I do have personal grudge against this 'love' thing, but it's not just because of my ex, but also a collection of my own observation.

okay, I don't mind if you keep your relationship in moderation, especially when you're still unmarried to your significant other. But geez... just watching or listening someone talking about his/her lover like he/she's your god makes me think negatively. It goes like this "yeah, you may say it now. But in 10 years you'll forget about those sweet talks" - be it a happy marriage or not. But the infatuation will dampen as time passes. Right now you may know each other like the back of your hand, but after marriage, you seem not to know each other anymore. It's reality.


They tend to forget who's the one(s) who are always there for them.


I'm not saying this because I like it, I say it based on my observation.

If you dislike the way I think... Please prove me wrong.... convincingly =)



3. People Fanboy/girl-ing in front me of something outside my fandom

It's biased, I know. Maybe I've already done the same thing but I mostly try to avoid it. I mean, how would I understand how they feel about a certain topic which has nothing to do with me or my interest? Or trying to seduce me into the fandom? Well, the more you barrage me even if my favourite genre is there, the more I want to avoid it. In order to get me into watching/playing/reading something, it takes time and less persuasion. I'm pretty much difficult to convince.

I don't want to offend anyone to shut up, but if I'm not heartless enough I'll shut myself up.


Or.... Please leave me out of the conversation kthxbai.

4. Listening to pointless/meaningless lyrics.

And someone asked me why I listen to songs we don't understand (Jrock, Jpop). I replied, "if you read the translation, you see how beautiful it is."

Compared to those sappy Malay songs which reuse the same theme over and over again, even if you understand it, you don't really indulge in what it means. You sing the words but dunno what the hell it means.


And not to forget international songs that worships women's body and all.



5. Popular songs goes overrated.

Once its popular, then EVERYONE likes it. There was one time I was blog lurking, I went to 3 consecutive blogs with Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" decorating the audio. I seriously thought I was haunted! I mean, why is this song going everywhere I go?

It kind of makes me think that everyone is the same person because everyone likes the same song.


So yea, whatever's hot on the radio will be your favourite songs. You'll listen to it everyday, you sing it without even bothering about the message (if it's rapping about a chic's butt, then you rap about your fellow gender's butt - if you're a girl la).

Not just from the radio... but whatever is played on your fave TV show, or whatever you fave character is listening to... you're not sincerely liking the artistes music, are you? But for your fandom's sake. Like hell you care what the song means or how it personally relates to you either.



6. Sleeping too much.

I notice that everyone likes to write "sleep" as their hobbies. Sleep isn't a hobby, dimwits. It's a bad habit. Well, perhaps that's just my opinion while yours is different, you may consider sleep as a favourite past time activities (while Darkside LOLs at you). Playing video games like couch potato is more hobby-ful than just sleep.



I hate sleeping. I wish I can stay awake 24/7 so that I can do whatever I'm supposed to do and whatever i'm not supposed to do. Sleep is a waste of time. But I'm mere human, sleep is a need to recharge energy for the necxt day. I hate sleeping because when I want to sleep at a certain time, it'd take me minutes to hours to actually fall asleep. And I hate sleeping because when I sleep, it's hard for me to get up, I'll go back to sleep and end up oversleeping.



7. Requests to Draw Portraits

Listen up, y'all. No matter how much I love drawing, I simply DO NOT draw portraits.
For me, it's pointless to draw them. I'd consider that if I was born in the old ages. But in this era, we have this thing called CAMERA which automatically copy your exact look on paper. And now by photoshopping pictures you can make it look like a pencil drawing.

So therefore, portraits are pointless in this age. And I don't have the skill to draw portraits or something real life either. I prefer to draw what I imagine. Yes, that's a weakness. It's just my thinking that drawing portrait isn't challenging my creativity.

8. People asking me what am I doing.

Call me weird but I dislike being asked "what are you doing?" be it in real life or via YM. I really don't know why. Even if it's just wee innocent question, I take it as a threat. A threat that's about to invade my privacy. Like, when I wanna do things I don't want people to know. Which makes me wish that I am invisible. And I wish they could just ignore me.


9. Crowds and Their Attitudes

Crowds annoy the hell out of me. They take up all the oxygen I need. Hwahaha. No, seeing too many people clustered in one place makes me suffocate. Other than that, they walk in random translations, and sometimes not even watching where they're going and carelessly bump on other people. Sometimes I wished the paths in shopping complex are as organized as the road.


10. Inability to Read the Clock

Seriously, it is a bad habit to come late to meetings or classes. However, Malaysians seem to think it's an awesome thing to make a grand entrance. Not only youths do this, even the high ranking geezers have no sense of punctuality. In foreign countries, this behaviour is unacceptable. Then stop dreaming to study overseas, okay? You'll make a shame of yourself.

When an event starts at 10, please arrive be there by 10. The later you are, the less respect you get. If I were a Dato' one day, I would arrive at least an hour early. In fact, even right now I'm often way too early to class. When I'm late, I'd rather not come, because for me it is shameful to be late. but in certain classes, I purposely come in late especially if it's a boring class.

Once I was only 15 minutes late - I got a 'nice' lecture from my dad. And when he says he'll arrive in 10 minutes, then 10 minutes it is. He expects me to be ready already. Recently my sister attended a relative's engagement ceremony - the groom was late. then she concluded, if (in the future) her fiancee is more than 10 minutes late for the ceremony, she'd definitely dump him.

anyways, my point is... lateness makes me angry. You'll get a fuckin' great sarcasm from me.

------------

I've offended quite a number of people, haven't I? Forgive my harshness, but this is just my opinion. Ignore it if you dislike my twisted mind.

2 comments:

  1. About the sleeping part, I have the same problem with you..

    nak tido punya susah, nak bgn lg la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. akak risau ngan awak ni. serious.

    ReplyDelete

Followers