Sunday, September 6, 2009

Code Geass R2 Review


Yeah I know it's a little late but... I just finished watching this a few months back. And I really wanna make a review on this before I start reviewing another anime which I want to compare with Code Geass.

Firstly, I'll summarize my thoughts on the first season:
I remember when I watched the first episode, it totally reminds me of a mixture of Death Note and Gundam SEED. 'Death Note' because of Lelouch Lamperouge's strategical anti-hero demeanor. Gundam SEED, not because of the mecha but because of the childhood friend theme between Lulu (if I may call him XD) and Suzaku. The first chapter succeeded making me want to know more on what is going to happen. As I moved on to the next episodes, I discovered and interpreted a lot of things that we can relate to the real world. Like how a so-called organization is falsely accused as terrorist when Order of the Black Knights real goal is to free Japan from the clutches of Britannia. Also the fact that you shouldn't be ignorant to something you think has nothing to do with you until somebody close to you is involved. Especially when it comes to war. I dunno about you guys, but Code Geass totally mindfakked me with all those emotional scenes, relationship conflicts and antagonistic opinions. Several messages of different aspects and from various perspective are portrayed in the story (I dunno which example should I take); you don't see this in every war-themed anime there is.

Apparently C.C. is like, the most popular female character in CG. But oh well, I tend not to like
'celestial being' characters as heroines (Belldandy, Mizuho Kanami to name a few) because... they're old. LOL. And they're not human - they're not supposed to be paired up with a human. So I like Kallen Kouziki best. Someone said that she's stupid, but that's because he worships C.C. like a goddess. Kallen is WIN because she's a strong girl who's in the process of learning things through experience. I love her strength, her determination, her loyalty to ZERO... yeah maybe that's stupid - but I like her protectiveness to her ward.

Oh yea... and another thing. GEASS... how something supernatural can be used in a real world battle *_*

Now on to Code Geass R2...

A contninuation from the previous paragraph; I like the fact that even 'ZERO' has personal dillema when it comes to friendship and family. Looking at how pure Lulu (and Cornelia) loves his sister, Nunnally (Euphemia in Cornelia's case) kind of inspired me to appreciate my sister more, and probably my other relatives. I mean, some of my friends are quite surprised at my thoughtfullness towards my sibling and cousins - In truth, I'm surprise how other people's siblings treat each other like strangers.

Anyways... new characters! At first I hated Rollo for being a substitute to Nunnally. Then I hated him more for being a yandere. Until finally I understand why he's obsessed with Lulu so much... I wanted to love him but it's too late.......

I don't really know how to describe R2 in detail, but overall, I think I like the first season better. True I admit that I'm curious to know what will happen to Lulu and C.C. and the rest of the Black Knights... and also Cornelia (she's the 2nd female that I like. Probably because I can relate to her...). Towards the end R2 is straying too much further from logic. I know Geass is the source of illogical things, but when it comes to the Ragnarok thingy I almost stopped watching. But I'm glad the series made up with it by electing Lulu as an emperor.

Some characters may appear pointless up to the point that I couldn't care less when they're dead. But I try to see the significance of their existence. Okay, they may not contribute much in the more serious issues, but they serve to represent 'civillains' who does not know much about what is really going on, and as something to show how much human the anti-hero is.

Some episodes make you cry. The ending makes you cry. And if you can't get enough of crying... watch Nunnally's regret message in youtube. I cried again. T_T

....

My review sucks. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers