I watched this very late. And I even entered the hall 30 minutes late. Long story. Also this won't be so review-ish because I'm sort of out of analytical words to say :P. Just here to let out my after-effects of the film so if you want a proper review go look somewhere else. Don't trust this one (I only like to attack anime)
Also read the summary in wiki or something, too lazy to recap atm. What I'm excited about they're gonna deal with a DRAGON YYAHGSJAHGJHGSFHGHDFSHGFHDGSFHDG
The 3 hour long movie wasn't a waste. It was fun and it felt like we went through the adventure with them. Throughout the film I was often reminded by Gurren Lagann; on how Gandalf chose an experienceless hobbit into the party of drawves and believed in him. Also on how Gandalf sort of admits why he'd choose Bilbo Baggins was thanks to his own weakness.
Of course the necessity of a fantasy-themed story is good vs typically fated to be evil race. It is a nice change to see dwarves being primary main characters rather than secondary main characters. And lolwhut a few of them are surprisingly handsome especially Thorin and Kili. It's only one third of the book, but I see the character development done pretty well (perhaps just for this adaptation, not that I read the novel). Even Bilbo who I think is just a bystander (this also reminds me of Final Fantasy XII), though i thought it was a bit fast. Still, the whole movie does feel like an introduction episode.
they don't look the same!
The lulz parts are Radagast the Brown and rock giants boxing in the rain. That was one hell of an adventure huh. With the many people in one party I was expecting they die one by one but the dwarves are extremely tough (oh no maybe it would happen in the next 2 movies?!). I'm glad they're extending this to multiple films because often one book adaptations is not enough to be compressed in one film.
My favourite scene is the battle in the orc underground cave; it was damn complicated but really got me at the edge of my seat. And speaking of scenes I think most of them are filled with important ones - maaaaaaaaaaaybe the troll and Gollum cameo felt like a waste of time but it was still really entertaining. More like it gives a chance for Bilbo to display his character.
Eh and let's not forget about the epic choir songs during battles! You know I'm weak for folk-ish music too.
If my mom was watching this she'd wonder why a wizard isn't using his for every little thing. But I was thinking that Gandalf is saving his MP wisely.
While watching The Hobbit I keep thinking of the game Dragon Age, the world is almost similar but DA has its own twists and tweaks. The dwarves are given a chance to shine and show how noble they can be (apart from acting similarly like Meleis), so thanks to that I'm more open to select the dwarf race in my next playthrough.


No comments:
Post a Comment