ohlolwat i cannot brain this
I mean considering the fact when average otakus are told by their normal friends that "anime is for kids", the otaku would be like "OH YEAH? HERE LOOK AT ALL THESE HENTAIS". I mean seriously is that all you can do? Show hentai to prove that anime is NOT for kids?
That's child's play.
What if the plan backfired and your friend starts to think anime = hentai?
This is probably a popular retort among newbies but bet you haven't heard about the anime being accused as hentai back in 2006. Unless you have, then this is a reminder. Oh the OUTRAGE! Of course I was one of those who were pissed. Nowadays I couldn't care less about what people wanted to say; anime is cartoon, anime is for kids, anime is hentai... because majority of it it's true because we keep getting derpy moeshits every season - it's meant for light hearted purposes. And you can simply get excited watching the bug eyed creature acting dumb or your ridiculously perfect blonde Asian guy being princey. Seriously, if these shits can't utilize your adult brain then I have to agree that anime is for kids (or maybe your adult brain has reached the maximum value that you cannot fuck your mind further). However, I allow you to consider this statement invalid if you think your fave moeshit or fujoshit is not as dumb as I think it is.
You want to disprove the fact that anime is for kids? Go watch something mindboggling (other than your fanservicey stuff), learn stuff from it and grow. Anime is not just mere entertainment, at least that is what I think. I am aware that half my life lessons were taken from shounen influence. No you don't have delude yourself by pretending you can do Kamehameha or BANKAI (unless you cosplay). What I mean is, when you see the annoying naive hero work hard, then work hard as he does even if it seems stupid. If you see the shoujo manga heroine moves out of her anti-social shell, then try it yourself. However, I see you guys still whining about how your life sucks, no friends, no confidence blablabla-
Don't give me that "easier said than done" shit. Even them anime/manga is realistic enough to show their hardships.
Even that emofag Sasuke has a motivation yo. It's evil but at least he doesn't wallow in self pity.
i guess you can show guro too
Okay the point is, when you watch anime show them that 'anime is not for kids' by your attitude. Don't be so quick to be pissed off at the statement. Remember that this ignorant friend of yours have never seen such animes with
Also, do open your heart to your normal friends. Try something else, completely different from anime - maybe reading or outdoor activities. If they know you're not just an obsessive anime-tard, and you're capable of talking about other things than anime, then I'm sure they can accept your childish hobby like it's breakfast. By now I'm sure a lot of my acquaintances is aware of me being a fan of anime and video games, and I've never heard them saying negative things about my interests.
And speaking of mindboggling animes, well, sometimes no matter how ridiculous it seems you can still relate it to real life (the politics, the society, the philosophy etc). You could slip in some deep quotes or mention something hypothetical you extracted from an anime while talking about related real life topics with others. Well I dunno if it would work but I think I've done this a few times. No significant impact but then I'm not desperate to bust the myth.
But just in case I meet someone who has this "anime = kids" mindset, I'm just gonna blab about how much anime has changed me throughout the years... lessons that unfortunately real life stuff couldn't teach, where I sometimes wish boring fandomless people need to know.
In conclusion: if you don't wanna grow up (with your anime) then just accept the fact that anime is for kids, because you are one.


this is an interesting entry. back when i was in middle school, i had some family problem in life, and hence i started to build a wall around myself. i rarely made friends and those i had were ones who love manga as i do.
ReplyDeletei somehow found comfort in anime and manga. they did affect my life, my interest, my knowledge, my creativity, and the path i chose afterwards.
admt it, they taught us as much about life as well.