Wreck-It Ralph questions this phenomenon. Every simple arcade games would have the bad guy ‘programmed’ to be bad, they have no backstory or whatsoever (unlike the games we play today). Ralph is the bad guy of the game Fix-it Felix. Everytime the arcade centre is closed, the characters of the games take a break and suddenly have their own free will. Yes, it’s like Toy Story all over again! But there’s nothing bad about it, because this show is really great.
Back to Ralph, he laments on the fact that he’s ‘programmed’ to be bad. He goes to a weekly gathering of villains where the bad guys are very optimistic about their roles. Bison, Zangief, Clyde, Dr. Robotnic and a zombie were so damn civilized. Ralph is jealous of the good guy, Felix, who gets medals, and loved by the people and gets cake. And this I think, might make us think that Felix is the bad guy if we follow from Ralph’s POV. One day Ralph decided not to hide his jealousy, he politely crashed the party, and Felix had mixed feelings about letting him in. Here’s where the so-called good people discriminate Ralph and he got all “CHALLENGED ACCEPTED” when someone tells him that he will never get a medal.
So all the trouble started here; he hijacked a modern game, stole a medal, accidentally hijacked another game, stolen medal got stolen, and all of a sudden he becomes a brother figure to a really cute loli. And the loli is antagonized for a wicked reason.
congrats Vanellope! you just made it to my favourite loli list!
On one hand, we have a pair who developed some kind of brother-sister relationship, which looks way much better than those anime imouto stories. On the other, we have Felix and Colhoun – a female game character “programmed with a tragic past” – which why she’s badass (and Jane Lynch). So this is what surprised me, for I thought Felix would be a jackass good guy. Though the reason is for him to save his game from being stowed away, I think he was probably the only one who truly cared about Ralph. I’d say the best parts of this story is the relationship between the (original) characters, and how they develop. And speaking of relationships, you’ll get to see an UNLIKELY couple.
There were plenty of video game references, like glitches and even cheat codes. I think this is one of the reasons I love this show. Cameos of popular video game franchise appear now and then. It’s really interesting to see how one character from one game interacts with one from the other. And the characters of the games which are thrown out became beggars LOL.
And they also have the "onee-sama" type
Though those who watch could tell who the main villain is, but there was this unexpected plot twist. I don’t know about you but that was really unpredictable. Probably because we don’t really know how the inter-game world works but still it was… WOW.
I’ve long quitted being a Disney Princesses fan, and not really keen about those magical fairy tale curses shit anymore. I don't think I can brain anymore Disney f*cking up those tales, it's better if they write something original. I’m glad Disney finally came up with something totally different (after Toy Story and Nightmare Before Christmas) and still giving you a happy ending.
As my cousin said, "Disney has got back their magic" :3
And LOOK! It's AKB48!!



No comments:
Post a Comment