Sunday, December 23, 2012

Comic Fiesta's 10th Anniversary

I would love to do a full report on this event, but unfortunately I missed the morning sessions on both days due to several reasons. I planned to watch the cosplay competition but I missed it, so all I did was to browse the doujinshi booths. I didn't even look at the 'official' merchandise much.


And the afternoon events didn't interest me much. Danny Choo, Bless4 and Redjuice came but I wasn't a much of a fan. I do acknowledge each of their greatness though so don't get me wrong. Personally wish that there were people that I am truly more interested in lol but I understand that they can't satisfy everyone. One thing I'd like to have in the future events is SEIYUUs! So CF2012 was a little bit boring for me, and I've been to better ones in the previous years. Maybe it's because I was not present in the hall when the best things happen :(

Nonetheless, on the bright side, it's the best time to hang out with your anime people friends and it's perfect excuse to meet up with new cyberfriends (CF is always the only time I feel damn popular LOL). I think the best part is the gathering and having funny yet memorabe conversations with them.

I'm not gonna do any review but I'm gonna write my thoughts on... well... CF.

When I arrived late on day 1 (glad the line wasn't long anymore), when I entered the hall i felt rather uneasy. The reason is there were so many... SOOOO MANY people. It was so hard to move, and it takes forever to get to the doujin booth area since we had to walk through the sponsor booths. My mind instanty brought me back to December year 2004 - my first Comic Fiesta, in Balai Seni Lukis Negara (I was 16). Where the crowd is dispersed and you can still see 95% of the floor. As years passed, as locations changed, more and more people attended the event. And last year it was over 15000 people (source: http://comicfiesta.org/comic-fiesta-101-cf-a-history/ ), this year the number reached to over 25000!!

While I really hate crowds, I remember back then I felt kind of 'alone' seeing very little people coming to CF and other conventions. Like we're the only freaks in Malaysia. Seeing the number of otaku weeabos attendees especially cosplayers and doujinshikas increasing every year makes me feel like "oh so there are THIS many weirdos in my country!" *gets shot*


photo credits to geminianeyes

Yeah I speak as though I am not one of you guys lol.

Yes, I may dislike/disagree with some of the subfandoms of Anime-Comic-Games fandom or the attitude of their fans but it's just great that CF and the likes bring us together.

Thanks to comicfiesta for giving me a chance to meet people of the same wavelength, and meeting more and more people, and making me feel less like a social outcast.

Why do I sound so goddamn positive lol

So here are the stuff I bought...


Those capsules were from Tiger & Bunny. I was playing gashopon and fangirling there alone w.
I bought the Rurouni Kenshin badges from a fellow RuroKen fan, Iwashi-kun. It's her first ever set of badges! Thank you so much! It's hard to see 'nostalgia' in CF booth nowadays XD
US-UK doujin from Kii_ru


D-chan gave me the K file she got from Animax booth and I fangirled the moment I got it. The Avengers postcard by ChibiMie onee-san.


I just had to buy the Kuroshitsuji T-shirt since it's black. The Sinbad doujin is also from Kii_ru's booth. While the Assassin's Creed posters were by Virus-AC 

I don't have much photos, not even videos of the event so you can look for it somewhere else. Uncle google can help you. I wish I could stay longer for the closing ceremony but I had to go home early. Overall it's sad to not be able to enjoy the 10th anniversary to the fullest.

....Sorry for the uninteresting blog post :P

1 comment:

  1. went to cf as well, just for hauling and meeting cartoonists and illustrators. back then i heard urasawa naoki sensei was coming, tak jadikkk tsk2

    anyway, they might should change the name. there isnt much 'comics' anyway. more cosplay, hahaha

    and the booths other than the artists' booths, u can easily attend them at sg wang

    ReplyDelete

Followers