Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Achievements Unlocked

Yes I'm at home as usual during New Year's Eve, I've never partied outside my whole life during this time of the year. Oh no it's not sad I'm just gonna watch animes or read manga like it's just any other day. Or maybe I'll just end up sleeping as midnight passes by. I hate the crowds anyway. Hope other people have fun out there watching shitty performances and have sex without protection so that you can dump babies 9 months later.

2012 is a pathetic year for me personally but at the same time I've improvised in other aspects.

Such as, I continued Japanese class and now i'm about to take on Lower Intermediate part 2. However I'm not goo in conversing in Japanese just yet, but lately I can pick up vaguely of what Japanese songs are saying.

Next I successfully become a fan of Assassin's Creed series thanks to Reppu_kiri and deady. Then I also became a fan of BBC Sherlock.

Also thanks to AFKLOL I gain more anime people cyberfriends particularly from LYN Anime Shrine and thus becoming the event of the year. Hey I consider this a part of my social life improvement.

Went to various Japanese artists concert this year; Nakagawa Shoko, Kalafina, Miyavi and TM Revolution.

Speaking of TMR, since his concert was in Singapore, I really travelled all the way there alone, and went back to KL alone as well. Of course I meet friends there but still the journey was solitary. I got lost, and i even almost lost my ebitetsu (phone) in a foreign land but the battery is gone instead!

While still talking about travelling, this year I traveled all the way to the east coast with my friends in a car. Yeah drove all the way there. Of course we switched drivers.
I'm baking stuff quite recently lately. I think it's somewhat inspired by someone. Earlier this year mom challenged me to do Pavlova, and I hear meringue is a very difficult thing to make. You really need to be pro. I didn't manage to pull it off but it tasted quite okay. At least i got the marshmallowy insides though it turned kind flat.


And the next SUCCESS which became my mom's favourite is mille crepe cake, of which the layers didn't really become crepe but more like a pancake. It's really easy to make but it takes quite a while to finish it. And you don't need the oven to do this


I've also levelled up my 'otaku' mode... or maybe fangirl mode is more specific cos I only care about the fujoshit stuff... buy buying some of the merchandise like these


and these



I haven't got the chance to fool around with the plamo yet though.

Speaking of fangirling, by the end of year thanks to Kuroko no Basket, Magi and K I shamelessly added fellow fangirls via facebook and developed friendship just by going crazy over the fictional guys. And thanks to them also I found the spirit to draw once again. I also shamelessly barged into a gath once wtf AND I HAVE GENTAROU KISARAGI TO BLAME!



Now that i mentioned him I became a Kamen Rider fan watched my first Kamen Rider which is Fourze and then I fell in love with OOO.

Other stuff I did is to read American Comics for the first time. I only read one of Thor's comics but then they failed to keep me interested so yeah bye I'm gonna be weabo all the way.

I got a Yukata (which I didn't even wear yet) and a pair of geta (mom said I can't walk like a dude wearing those)

Other minor stuff... I did a confession and got away with it. I made something for birthdays of a few friends. Faced a really horrible family issue like a MAN. Procrastinated for like... a whole year.

on to real life achievements... I've become a postgraduate student. This is just one step ahead to achieve my dreams. And I've worked as a tutor for more than a year, while earning very little yet learning a lot more especially on how to deal with kids. Nah I don't think I can deal with many types of kids yet, but by teaching them maths I'm kind of revising the formulae as well. Which is important in case I need to do theoretical shit for my research.

to sum it up, meeting people and facing hardships had changed the way I think and the way I see things. It's not that I'm easily influenced by people, i'm just pretty much trying to be open to others' opinion or way of living their life - although I may personally dislike the lifestyle. I consider this as another achievement unlock, for me as a person.

2012 is ending, so all i need is a resolution for 2013. I'm not gonna be pessimistic about this anymore by saying "who cares" so let's have something to motivate myself. The most important thing is I HAVE to be more diligent about my postgraduate studies. I'm gonna draw more next year and I plan to make a doujinshi with several people. And I'm gonna keep vowing to grow mature so that I won't become like certain childish 'adults' out there.

Happy New Year everyone. Put your past behind, take them as a lesson, and let's move forward for a better future o/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers