Saturday, January 2, 2010

Clumsy Ninja is clumsy #1: The Trousers

[safety pins = my life saver. Why? read below :3]

I have a habit of hiding my embarrassing and clumsy moments from people. Even if I seriously needed help, I try my best to depend on my creativity than to let others know because I fear getting laughed at. I also wish not to make others worry or become a burden to them. I will only tell about the silly story after I settled the problem myself... if I could.

Okay, here's one that happened about 3-4 years ago. I don't think anyone knows of this, but for those who happen to come across this post... consider yourself lucky because I'm revealing an embarrassing secret I've kept for a long time.

I was in my A-levels college and we had to go for a camp. Seeing how small other people's bags are, I decided to pack my luggage as small as possible. Somehow it's always hard for me to carry a small bag, and I wonder how many things they packed for 3 day camp. Especially the girls... what about facial wash? Talcum? Sanitary pads? Panties? Really... I wonder, still. So, by trying hard to pack little things as possible to make my bag look as small as theirs, my clothes are rather limited. Especially... the PANTS.

Okay, you might see it coming. But allow me to continue. Somehow there's this old pair of trousers that used to belonged to mom, I brought it along because somehow I ran out of track bottoms. Clothes in my hostel room cupboard are limited as well. It's not tight, fitting but not stretchable... I had hope it can last till the cultural night is over because I know I'm not thin enough for the trousers. Thankfully, I'm not part of the performance; I'm just the stage designer.. which did not need a stage design at all LOL. So i did nothing. Okay, then the event starts... I think it was during some sort of performance when I flopped down on the floor and heard something like 'PRAKK'. I was already on the floor when I notice a huge hole formed from the groin of the trousers. Looking around, thank God everyone is focusing their eyes on the stage, and it was noisy so the sound of the torn fabric is inaudible.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Goddammit I felt like a comic relief anime character. and I remember I was putting on a fake smile and laughter while watching the show, and had a worried look when no one's looking. I'm glad the trousers were black and my t-shirt is long enough to cover half my thighs. I dunno if I should just get the hell outta there back to the dormitory but I don't want anyone to notice... and I can't think of any reasonable excuses to flee. I was too embarrassed to tell my classmates, and I didn't want to ruin their fun. Then I tried to think of something I might have brought along with me.

Sewing kit? Nada.
Safety pin? Well well whaddya know? I had a few in my wallet. Don't ask me why I keep them in there 8D

I used them to hold the pieces of fabric together.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

That's the best option I had, even when the pins aren't firm enough.

And now I still carry safety pins everywhere I go.

Side note: Safety pins are also my personal symbol of romance lol. The day before an important event I had bought meself a bunch of safety pins and I brought it to the event venue. Coincidently, the person I like(d?) asked me if I have any because he wanted to use it! So I gave him some and was like "wahhh even if it's just safety pins, I'm so glad that I can help him!" [complete with the shoujo manga mood and all *blush*]. Consequently I just let him keep 'em because I still have loads of them. Ah, btw it's an old story so the feelings faded away already :3
#2 comings soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers