Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review: Nodame Cantabile Paris (anime)


[WARNING: May contain spoilers!]

Author: Tomoko Ninomiya
Studio: J.C. Staff
Demographic: Josei

In my opinion, this second season is much better than the previous one, and the Paris arc of the drama adaptation. I guess it's the plot, how Nodame and Chiaki develop individually and as a pair. And there are more instrument playing animations than a mere static shot.

Summary: Finally, Shinichi Chiaki has the courage to fly to France. This was all due to Noda Megumi (Nodame), and she ended up tagging along to go to a music Academy (Conservatory) there. The old characters lack appearence (but Kuroki Yasunori makes a come back!), but new characters are really funny too. So while Nodame is struggling to adapt with the French environment and new school, Chiaki working hard in the conductor's competition.

New characters are:

Frank Latoine - a French piano student at the Conservatory, a tenant at the apartment complex Nodame and Chiaki stayed. He's an otaku, a fan of Puri Gorota just like Nodame. He's favourite series is 'Shakugan no Shana'!

Tatiana Vishneva - also known as 'Tanya'. A piano student at the same Conservatory as well, staying at the same apartment. But she lacks practice because she worries more about vacation, thick make-up, mismatched clothes and love life.

Jean Donnadieu - A conductor, and by 'coincidence' he has a b1tchy Japanese girlfriend whom he regards as 'Goddess of Victory'. He's considered the opposite of Chiaki (white roses bs black feathers lol) and also his rival. But even Chiaki is intimidated by Jean's positive energy!

Son Rui - A pianist who had been famous since childhood, and plays in a piano concerto Chiaki conducts (to replace Stresseman - yea he is back). Apparently she has a strict parent, so she takes advantage of the freedom she got. She likes to shop a lot and use Chiaki as her slave.

[it's not what you think!!]
Well, I thought in the end Nodame would finally get to play with Chiaki in an orchestra. Almost, but then Son Rui got in the way. I predict Nodame's dream will come true in the final movie. But that's OK. What I am happy to see is how sweet Nodame and Chiaki became a couple. There wasn't a need for uber romantic stuff, and Chiaki isn't the type who gives a damn about becoming a Romeo either. They slowly realized that they needed each other. Such an odd couple they are~
JOSEI ROMANCE WINS!
I don't really know what else to say cos the second season seem to have a 'cliffhanger'. I rate it 3.9/5 roughly.
Oh yea... I think I like Mozart now. Twinkle twinkle little star!
[Mozart cosplay]

p/s: I don't like the OP. btw I rly liek the first season's ED, Konna Chikaku De... by Crystal Kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers