Sunday, January 3, 2010

(my) Top 5 Video Game OP

Once again, imma remind you that I don't play too many video games. Here my top 5 are from my limited collections. Oh yeah. Some are not actually the Opening video before you start playing, but it's the intro you see once you click 'new game'.

preview link provided at the song title;

5.
FFIV DS Opening Movie

Photobucket

Composer: Junya Nakano
Video Game: Final Fantasy IV DS

No I have not played this! But I saw the opening movie... and I like how it started from "Theme of Love", transited to "Main Theme" and epicly moved to "Final Fantasy (theme)".


4. 00

Photobucket

Composer: Neo Geo Performance Group
Video Game: King of Fighters 2000

Yes, that's indeed the song title. Anyways... I dunno. I just like it 8D.


3.
Final Fantasy ~FFXII version~

Photobucket

Composer: Hironobu Sakaguchi
Video Game: Final Fantasy XII

old Final Fantasy games often start off with different arrangements of 'Final Fantasy' themes, then FFVIII broke the tradition up till FFX-2. Then the song returns in the twelfth installment (of the main game) and I'm happy to hear a revamped version of it.


2.
Liberi Fatali

Photobucket

Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
Video Game: Final Fantasy VIII


Means "Fateful Children". Surprisingly, for a soppy romance themed video game, the intro is quite epic. The choir is in latin btw. I think it has a meaning related to the game, the set of main characters but not the romance.


1.
Time's Scar

Photobucket

Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda
Video Game: Chrono Cross


Or "Scars of Time", whichever way you wanna put it. This is my first RPG ever, and it has the best intro music ever, and IMO the game has the best OST EVAR. Honestly, in other games I have only several favourite songs, and some songs deserve my hate. But I like every single one of the songs available in Chrono Cross album. Mitsuda is truly a genius, he captures the mood of the environment/situation/events perfectly well!


more to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers