[it's a TRAP!]'cos it starts with a lovely pipe organ intro and has some electric guitar 8D. I dunno how to explain it, but I really like this as bgm when fighting Kuja (but this is more like 'almost' final battle than the actual one). Dark Messenger is an epic version of Kuja's Theme, which is in piano (one of my faves as well). Another name for it is The Darkness of Eternity.
[Personally, I think Original Zero and Igniz are sexier]
3. Subete no Hito no Tamashii no Tatakai
Composer: Meguro Masashi
Video Game: Persona 3
Boss: Nyx Avatar
["You cannot avoit death. To live is to die. They are one in the same..."]
- looks like rock music really suit final battles, especially for Persona 3, which is set in modern times and in an urban area, very much unlike most Final Fantasy series. Suddenly, somewhere in the middle of the track there's a soprano voice singing the Velvet Room tune!! *A* Then the vocalist is accompanied by violins, thus giving you the symphonic gothic music feel. The battle is looooooong and irritating but thankfully the music makes the battle worthwhile. Preview now!
2. The Sun Rises
Composer: Rei Kondoh
Video Game: Okami
Boss: Yami
['Darkness' apparition in a form of a hand lol]
- I kinda forgot about the song in my first gameplay, but then my friend gave me this track and I thought it was some ending sequence or trailer music. I played Okami the second time, and the final-est battle with Yami where Amaterasu (the protagonist, yes the Sun goddess) goes all shiny and got all her brush skills back, and realized it's actually a final battle song DX. Too bad I couldn't indulge myself with the song while fighting the big ball boss cos Ammy is already invincible - the fight last for 2 seconds. Anyways, this isn't the final boss' theme, but it's actually the sun goddess' theme when she rose back from the brink of death. Here you go, it's PURE JAPANESE MUSIC I tell ya!
1. One Winged Angel
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
Video Game: Final Fantasy VII
Boss: Sephiroth
[i'm bringin' sexy back~]
- Although I'm no fan of Sephiroth, but I can't deny that his theme rawks! It's the first final battle music I fell in love with, although the tune back then is not as awesome as the recent Final Fantasy games. I collected various version of it, and my fave is the one with high-pitched violin intro. I'm not sure which Orchestra/band played it but I don't think it's by The Black Mages. TBM's album version is awesome too, but the second best for me is Advent: One Winged Angel (from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie).
***
That's all for today. Maybe I'll write about best intro and best battle theme next :3
sephiroth!!! haha..cant help but love the chorus...but seriusly...is okami's boss theme really that epic? cant really tell coz for me the got stuck just right it went into the place where its full of snow...zz
ReplyDelete