But when I look back, and analyze my list of favourite characters... a lot of them, are associated with red! It makes me wonder why. Maybe deep down I like red more than I thought I would?
Okay, allow me to list down chronologically on the red themed characters I fell for.
1. Sanosuke Sagara

AKA the one who started it all!
Frankly speaking, he's the first character I ever fell head over heels for. I was about 10 years old back then when Rurouni Kenshin (Introduced as Samurai X) was aired in AXN. At first my favourite character was the protagonist himself, but one night I had this weird dream and Sanosuke made a cameo in it *swt*. When I woke up I found myself fallen in love with Sano so much more than Kenshin. So I squealed every time I see him on TV. I squeal when he first appear in the manga too when I bought it. Although I barely think about him now, I still find myself delighted to see him when I reread the manga. (Ok, I've yet to see the OVA!)
Although his primary colour isn't red, but look at his bandana :3
2. Vincent Valentine

Several years after that, I was introduce to video games. Then final fantasy franchise. but my first FF was the 9th, but I was gaming the 7th and 8th at the same time. with 8th being the first to be finished (due to cheat codes lol). Because of cheat codes, and because I was still a n00b in RPG games - I was careless about character abilities, statuses (ATK? DEF? STR? INT? AGI? whut??) and I didn't care about sidequests. All I did was to go with the flow. So I ended Final Fantasy 7 with pretty much lvl 50 characters but one thing sparked my curiousity before I went to the final battle. Somehow I had this long ranged weapon in my items list. It's a gun, so I thought Barret could equip it but nay. It was not for him. That's when I thought I might've missed one character (and if it was not for my friend, I wouldn't know Yuffie's existence!). Curse this game for making a character only available if you do sidequests!
So I make good use of the internut to find list of FF7 characters. I saw a name that I had never seen before. I clicked to see his profile and what did I get?
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT YO!
He was so mysterious, and then I actually decided to replay the game for his sake, and I'm happy that his attitude is up to my expectations. But unlike some people, I had never believed that he's a vampire although he seemed like one. Shelke can go to hell, and I wish he can be happy with Lucrecia ;m;
3. Axel, The Flurry of Dancing Flames

I never really had a favourite character in Kingdom Hearts. I tried to play, but apparently the Disney stuff was a bit too childish for my liking. Until now I think the Square-Enix partition is more dominant than Disney's, which apparently only provide the worlds and side/guest characters. However it was interesting to see cartoony characters together with manga-ish characters. Then comes Kingdom Hearts II, I only watched my sister play (she was the one who complete both games) from the main story to sidequests. It's fun to watch her play because she never gives up easily when she loses even if it means a 100 tries. Unlike me, I'll stop playing forever if I can't find the easiest way to defeat a boss XD. But I was the one who provided strategies to her so that she can use it lol.
So anyways, there was this scene were an extremely slim hooded character made his first appearence. He had a manly voice, my sis and I was ogling at his body shape. Really, he IS SLENDER (every Organization XIII members have their own body shape though). Then he uncovered his hood, revealing crimson hair and a pair of emerald eyes. The both of us squealed at the bishonen (in fact, we did a lot of squealing in KHII everytime a Square-Enix bishie appears). His favourite quote, "Got it memorized" is just too sexy. Although it's not a literal translation from the original japanese dialog, Quinton Flynn (the English voice actor) made it sound damn good. 8D And then, he seemed kinda gay towards Roxas, so ask me why I do love him again? XD
4. Mitsuru Kirijo

I can't remember why I liked her. But I know when it comes to female characters, I favour the stoic type. She doesn't have to be a tomboy. She could be ladylike, but not a damsel in distress (i hate those types) or too girly. Before I played Persona 3, I've met Paine of FFX-2 and Gascogne of Vandread. But Mitsuru caught my eye most probably because of her dark red hair. I wanted to 'date' her, but it was a bit too late because my main character's intelligence level wasn't high enough until 3/4 of the game. Yeah, too bad she's only into smart boys. But I guess I understand. She's like the top student of Gekkokan Private School and the president of the Student Council, it's natural that she prefers not to be caught dead with a dummy. When handling death of a loved one, she doesn't go emo like Yukari (another character). It's a big turn off when she sides with that b1tch once. And in spite of being intelligent, her behaviour as a party member is annoying cos she often cast useless spells on the Shadows (MARIN KARIN).
I could date her in my next gameplay, but I didn't like P3 as much as P4 so I don't bother replaying.
5. Kallen Stadtfeld/Kouzuki

Among the rebel elevens, as the racist Brittanians call the Japanese in Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, she stands out the most because of her crimson hair. Or issit a dark shade of pink?? Oh well. That's due to her mixed heritage, I assume. While other people worship the so-called angelic C.C., I lavish my admiration towards Kallen. She's just a human like many others (with feelings and all), but she's an ace knightmare frame pilot. I love Gurren Mk-II's radiation surge. C.C. may be superhuman and cool/kuudere, but all she did is to bless Lelouch with Geass and sit on her big a$$ eating pizza. No offense, I do not hate C.C., but I personally think Kallen is a better character. Besides, I never really liked non-human-like beings as a heroine to pair up with a human hero (I dislike Belldandy of Ah! Megami-sama, I dislike the alien teacher from Onegai Sensei, I dislike Chii from Chobits, I dislike it when Shirou of Fate/Stay Night falls for Saber). Yeah, C.C. may be 'better' and Kallen may be stupid... but remember, C.C. had lived longer and experienced a lot, that's why she's wiser. Kallen is 'stupid' cos she's still young, and blinded by devotion, but she's smart enough reject Lulu's offer to sleep with him although she admires him (more like his alter-ego, Zero) a lot.
I love her devotion towards Zero, I love how protective she is to her master. I find it fascinating to see a strong girl protecting a man (but the man should not be a total wimp either). I kinda like her to be paired up with Zero, instead of Lulu himself. Ah, please don't be surprised that I have favourite hetero pairings too okay. and then there's this gender blender version of CG characters; ironically, I like the original female Kallen better than the bishonen version XD. She has nice boobs btw lol. Yeah I'm gay for her~
6. Erza Scarlet

My current love! As of now, I'm watching Fairy Tail anime, and just resumed reading the manga. I like Erza because she's KAKKOI - the cool big sis! She reminds me of Mitsuru, but she's much scarier. Erza is one of the class S mage of the mage guild called Fairy Tail, and most of the time the story didn't lie about her status (Fairy Tail never lies about the good guys' abilities, it does not need to surprise the readers that a badass foe can beat a holy mage etc. Unless he runs out of energy). She's not only a powerful magic knight, but also excellent in tactics where she willingly take risks to find an enemy's weakness. It didn't take 5 chapters for her to finish off a strong enemy. In fact, she can easily PWN'd an evil mage who was said to be the most powerful among the bad guy's team. No need to make massive earthquakes like those so un-ninja-like ninjas to eliminate a villain. All she needs is a couple of henshin!! into different kind of armours to suit the battlefield (ok, the Sailormoon effect in the anime is a turn off for a shonen theme).
Erza will butthead you if you don't answer her immediately, and Erza will manhug you with a thunk of her breast plate if she's proud of you. But like Mitsuru, she ain't a tomboy. She's not girly, but she's feminine, just that sometimes she can't control her strength. Strong yet feminine female characters FTW! I wish I could be like them but... meh... lulz. Anyways, Erza is a Kuudere. She's strong and cool outside, but she's tender inside. She can cry, but not too often. And when she does, she cries alone. Because of her insecurity, she literally wears an armour all the time to protect herself.
Other minor red-themed crushes~
1. Freya Crescent of Final Fantasy IX - Prior to Mitsuru, she's the first stoic video game female I salute. She remains strong in spite of 'losing' her beloved right to the very end.
2. Grelle Sutcliffe of Kuroshitsuji - He's supposed to be in the main list, but he did not re-appear in the manga as he often did in the anime (I regard his second/third appearence in the anime adaptation as 'not really him' because I only believe in how the original author decide to portray him). Grelle is a pansexual, and reaches orgasms every time he sees red LOL. I don't care if he's not as 'perfect' as the demon butler [perfect supernatural beings turn me off, honestly], I just love him cos he seems rather... gay XP.
3. Murtagh of The Inheritence Cycle - The cool big bro stereotype... quite emo too. I can't remember how Murtagh is described in the first book (Eragon), but I can't help but to imagine him clad in red. In the movie adaptation, he does wear red. And then, in the second book... whaddya know? He rides a red dragon!
4. Mai Shiranui of King of Fighters/Fatal Fury - Actually, I don't even like her. Her clothes are too revealing... for a ninja. It's just that I often pick her in my team in the game because I'm good at using her skills. I like fast and agile characters FYI.
5. Vanessa of King of Fighters - She fights in short sleeveless shirt with a necktie, and a dark green pair of trousers with suspenders... and more importantly, RED HAIR. She used to be a normal housewife, until her husbands death, which turned her into a beautiful boxer and joined the tournament to avenge him. However, she does not seem to show her suffering as she casually greets her opponents with her sex appeal.
***
So here ends my pointless post. I wasted plenty of minutes writing this lol.
If there are other red-themed well known characters out there, it's not in my list because I'm not genuinely attracted to them. It's just a coincidence that most of my favourite characters are associated with red X3. If there are others that you know (that I might have overlooked) please mention his/her name :3[on a side-note, the author of this blog was clad in red when this article is written]
No comments:
Post a Comment