Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SOAKED ( Muse vs Adam Lambert )

Photobucket
Soaked by Muse (Unreleased) <--click to listen (and for download link)

[written by Matthew Bellamy]

Soaked to the bone
Sink like a stone
Walk on alone
It's not the first time
It's not the worst crime
Your soul will be OK

And you've had enough
Searching for love
And you miss the touch
Of someone new

Burned by your dreams
It's never how it seems
Cold crushed esteem
Take shelter
And hide forever
Your soul will be OK

And you've had enough
Searching for love
And you miss the touch
Of someone new

And you've had enough
Searching for love
And you miss the touch
Of someone new

Soaked to the bone
Sink like a stone
I will take you home
It's not the first time
It's not the worst crime
Our souls will be OK


Click to listen to Adam Lambert's version <-- Yeah, he wrote that for Adam Lambert (available in "For Your Entertainment").
Soaked is about one night stand?? <-- dammit, I could never guess that! Bellamy is awesome... and Adam's amazing the way he actually makes an effort to understand the song meaning.

[i dunno why videos fail to appear here =_= ]

***

Muse likes to have Arab-like tune in their songs don't they XD.

Personally I like Muse's version more. It's much more sombre and although it's not the best of Bellamy's voice, but the way he crooned calmy and sentimentally suits the message even more. The dude really knows how to deliver the song. It's like... this person has already given up on love that he has no more energy to wail accompanied by mashed up melody of piano and electric guitar (i suck at describing music stuff ok *blush* ) which is sooooooooo Muse. Let's not forget the dramatic bridge in 3.00 minutes, it's like... you know... the kind of song played in romance movies where the hero chases the heroine before she goes away in an airplane (or the other way round).

I've been listening to Adam Lambert's version several times already. I like it too. Somehow I think it's good in his own way. The intro (or the mashed up instrument melody Muse made) is much clearer and more energetic, and reminds me of Bollywood. Adam's voice is a bit too powerful for a song like this, but there are a few intervals that are spine-chilling. And before the bridge at approximately 3 minutes it went through some sort of dimensional vortex for a while, then unlike the romance movie bgm, it gives me the image of... a protagonist crying over a friend who or a lover who just died in a bloody battle (complete with fresh corpses and collapsed building around them).


There goes my imagery. I really made good use of my imagination this time. Suddenly it's hard to judge, cos both singers have their own unique way of singing and vocals. But as much as I love Adam, I still think Soaked is meant for Muse... because, look at the lyrics. It's just... soooooooooo Muse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers