
[from left: Lockon Stratos & Cherudim, Tieria Erde & Seravee, Setsuna F Seiei & 00, Allelujah Haptism & Arios]
[WARNING: This review may contain spoilers!]
After a tragic end in the previous season, the important members of the Celestial Being got seperated. Including Sumeragi, who went back to her unsuspecting exboyfriend and soaking herself with alcohol. Tieria was the only one left in the team, while the grown up + sexier Setsuna lurked for Sumeragi and the 'reincarnation' of Lockon Stratos for a reunion. The only thing left to do is to rescue Allelujah Haptism from some sort of rehab, although he is already 'cured' from his manic depression (he's new hairstyle proves it!).
The main objective is no longer eradicating war, since the godly Veda is already hacked and then..... I dunno what really happen cos I really suck at understanding politics lol. But I do know that there's still war among the people. And the major group citizen erased some middle eastern capital, that totally reminds me of what happened in the real world. Godammit, deja vu! Those future people don't learn anything from history, don't they? They sure have fun bombing the desert. But now the main antagonists are the Innovators; androgynous humanoid who claimed to be more high classed than human. Yet they have human-like personality and because of that, they act like Greek deities who can't really work together in spite of their 'godhood'...
[The innovator faggots lol. it's funny that i don't like 'em]
Really... I hate villain organizations that went f*cked up like that. Two of the Innovators ended up in Celestial Being... so it's easy for the Innovator leader to find out their location in space. And since the show provides point of views of different sides, there's no suspense/mystery factor to keep viewers curious. However, what I like about the season 2 is better character development. Yes, frankly speaking, I like season 2 better than season 1.
We were forced to see lame-ass civillan's point of view in season 1; a couple of university students oblivious to the war until they saw a tragedy themselves. Saji Crossroad and Louise Halevy, I hated them in the first season... but then I realized that the role they play reflects the ignorance of the people not involved in the world's conflict. Then they returned in the second season, matured and finally contributed their sweats in the battle. Saji is still the peace loving dude, while Louise attitude got a 180 flip - which I think it's cool except for her occasional emo-ing. The new Lockon (although physically the same) is more attractive than the previous one, and Allelujah broke my heart because of Soma Pieres/Marie. I actually liked Soma at first, but when she becomes Marie I'm a jealous b1tch! Tieria, although he becomes a joke in one episode, is still not as 'hot' as I expected him to be. Setsuna remains colder than Tieria, even after he met a few girls (namely Marina, Louise and Nena) but the best part is fighting against Mr. Bushido (another wapanese!!). What Setsuna and Mr. Bushido have in common is love for Gundam *hint*hint*
[pic for the lulz]
More people die, but the sad scenes are not up to par with fellow mecha anime - Code Geass. then the bad guys team and good guys team (depends on which one you wanna define as good or bad) worked together to save people from a collapsing orbital elevator (SEE I TOLD U IT'S NOT STABLE!). Then they have the Gundam Peace theme song called "Tomorrow", which I personally think isn't as touching as "Fields of Hope" of Gundam Seed Destiny. Just looking at the title gives me the chills, and I didn't even watch GSD when I first listened to the song - even more spine chilling when I did. Even without knowing the lyrics I could sense the sadness in a war and the 'hope' they look forward to. "Tomorrow" is a little too cheerful and idealistic; because Marina Ismail is a hippie who can't even pull the trigger (ala tembak sikit pon tak boleh ka?? Thus, genocide princess Euphemia wins!).
Yet again, I love the Gundams. Lockon's Gundam Cherudim is so cool with its GN Shield bits which can served as automatic ammo blocker in defense mode and shoot beams in offense mode. Allelujah's Gundam Arios... well, I didn't see much difference from its predecessor though it's still cool cos it can transform into jet. But it has an add-on now; Soma's Gundam Archer (suddenly she's a meister too??) which hugs Arios at the back (now I'm even more jealous!!). Tieria pilots another bulky one, Gundam Seravee, which is pretty nasty cos it hides extra hands in its limbs and sneakily attack foes while being blocking enemy's advances. It also has a child called Gundam Seraphim, that kinda helps its mommy to rape her opponent at the backside.
Last but not least, the star of the show: Gundam 00... let's say it's something 10x better than Setsuna's previous machine. It's equipped with twin GN drive, that creates its own GN field (go google what GN is... the engineer dude theorized it's photon decay). 00 also have an add-on, which is the 0-raiser, unwillingly piloted by the hippie Saji. When combined, well duh, the abilities enhances, 00 can teleport or quantized (SCHROEDINGER EQUATION APPEARS IN MY HEAD!!), and when in Trans-Am mode, everyone near the warmachine becomes naked!
Yeah, there are lotsa naked scenes in the anime. +10 points lol~
I dunno what else to blab... so overall, summing up both seasons, Gundam 00 is an okay story. I mentioned before that I can't bring myself to watch it continuosly; only watching when I had the free time. G00 lacks memorable moments, lacking something that makes you wanna go "NO WAYYY WHY DID THIS HAPPEN??" (except for Lockon's case) or "OMG I HAVE TO SEE THIS AGAIN". It's not even awesome enough to have a popular meme, unlike Code Geass (spinzaku, 'nani nani mai hani', C.C.'s pizza obsession, fake Zeros, Nina's table-fap... whoa that's a lot) yet I can lol at Setsuna's "I am Gundam!" and Graham Aker's obsession for the 'shonen' XD. oh yeah, I am comparing it with Code Geass, cos CG have a lot more than just srs biznez and raeps ur emotions. So anyways... I like it... but I can't fall in love with it as much as how I felt for CG. The main attraction to me is, ironically, not the bishounens, but the Gundams. For the first time in my llife, I developed a desire to collect the mobile suits (quite different from the desire to own Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann figurine).
[OHNOES WHUT HAPPENED?]
Before I end this rant, I'd like to express my love for the second ED, "Trust you" by Yuna Itou. I think it's a love song like none other for it sings... "I love you, I trust you". Most love songs will say 'I need you' or 'I want you', but expressing that the persona 'trusts' her lover is so rare that I can't help loving it!
btw, my apologies if my words are harsh and offending. But this how I do it. I might sound biased to you, but this is my opinion (and you can't make me change my thoughts about it). Thanks for bearing with me ;3
btw, my apologies if my words are harsh and offending. But this how I do it. I might sound biased to you, but this is my opinion (and you can't make me change my thoughts about it). Thanks for bearing with me ;3



No comments:
Post a Comment