Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: UN-GO



There’s always something odd when it comes to mystery + supernatural, because this is where you can no longer use your logical thinking, or guess who the culprit is ahead from the detective.

I’m not a big fan of mysery, I don’t read/watch Kindaichi nor Conan, but I did enjoy Gosick. But I was turned off by Kamisama Memochou. As for UN-GO, I had a soft spot for Inga, regardless of what form s/he is in. And the detective is a guy so OK. He’s known as the “Defeated Detective” apparently, cos there’s the other old man who seems to have deduction skills that he only used to cover up higher ups mess. Plus, the main girl here isn’t that annoying. And I had nothing else to watch, the rest are a bunch of potentially annoying moeshits.

As far as I can remember, the mysteries consists of futuristic pop culture reference (idols, films, androids), I think this is the part which makes it interesting. Though I can say that Shinjuurou is cheating a bit by using Inga’s truth extraction powers, but he still did a great job. Cos Inga is basically clearing up his suspicions and making the suspect confess to people, without having Shinjuurou to dig deeper. Anyway, aside from Inga (whos always hungry for the truth) there's the artificial intelligence robot thingy who hacks databases - and we can actually watch her/his/it lurking through the interwebs.

Towards the end, the story becomes, as I dreaded, even more supernatural. For there was another creature that creatues illusions. This is where viewers can no longer relate to the mystery or detective, because personally I had no idea how the illusion is gonna be lifted in a MYSTERY themed. It was still nice to watch, but that supernatural power was annoying.

Yes this is another short review because I….watched this a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers