Studio: White Fox
Also note that, though I am a science student, I am not a fan of science fiction... especially when it comes to time travel. You know, being fed with logic makes you think time travel stories are shit, no matter how good they are, and I have no guilt concluding that before even watching/reading them (no offense to Dr. Who fans). And it was all DragonBall's fault, really.
Then Stein;Gate brings science fiction to a whole another level, and this, is so far the only and the BEST time travel themed story I've ever seen. And the theories used made me forget that S;G was really an adaptation of a dating sim game although it's clear that there are girls who are after the main guy, Okabe Rintarou (codename: Hououin Kyoma). If I want to mention who the harem girls are; then you have one genius who's a mild tsundere, one derp girl for a childhood friend, one not-so-epic trap, one idiotically loyal yandere, a moe-moe maid ojou-sama and... John Titor...
John Titor also makes a cameo. Instead of IBM we have IBN, instead of CERN we have SERN.
i remember doing this in the microprocessor lab....
So the story is about an aspiring mad scientist, who apparently isn't going to school or perhaps he was on a summer break, and he has a Future Gadget Lab which is basically just a rented apartment. His lab partner is Daru, the programmer/hacker guy... and for some stupid reason he recruited the derp childhood friend. Thanks to her derp-ness, Kyoma found a way to practically time travel. And seriously this made me smile like an idiot whenever I'm holding my phone in front of the microwave. And we also can joke about irl conspiracy theories with D-mail. Owait, what is a D-mail? Oh it's just a text message we can send to the past in order to change history... it's common in time travel stories, desu ne? But there's something else in S;G that makes this history change not really a change.
Anyway, thanks to his discovery SERN decided to hunt him down. Before that there was a lot of past changing stuff, which is rather touching in some cases. And sometimes annoying and frustrating. But I gotta tell you that there are a lot of plot twist, which I think makes the story even more intriguing.
However, suddenly the ending looks like just another typical time travel thing... maybe it's the stuff about avoiding peril in the future kind of problem. Well, if that's just easy then why not time travel to prevent all these wars and massacre from happening?
Yet that doesn't change my mind about how good the anime is.
i love being a physicist XD
oh man this is just another lame review huh....



No comments:
Post a Comment