We also have a high school dude with the mysterious waif, and the childhood friend. Oh let's not forget about the classmate who has a crush on the main guy.
Great... it's Code Geass all over again.
Studio: Production I.G.
Unfortunately Guilty Crown isn't as good as Code Geass, of course. I think I only watched this because there weren't many action genre during 2011 fall. And then you have a very addicting OP song by Supercell entitled "My Dearest".
In GC we have a guy with a low self-esteem who accidentally stumbles into a pink haired slut who gave him some kind of sciency magical thing that made him able to extract weapons out of people's hearts. They're called VOIDs. And from an unexplained logic only people below 17 years old can produce these Voids, and hence the rebel army consists of a bunch of teenagers who just want to kick adults' arses. High school kids have an excuse to rule the school or something. Also, the most interesting part is each person has a unique Void; it can be a sword, a camera, bandages etc... and each has its own property.
And then this slut shamelessly barged into the boy's house, and not to mention he lives with a MILF who's completely okay with the slut living together. And eventually, as predicted, they fell for each other probably they were attracted to one another's insecurities (let's not consider that as a spoiler). The boy was obliged to join the rebel army (Funeral Parlor) because he has the power that was meant for the fukken hot blonde leader. This blonde guy can see Voids within the youths so they have to work together to make their terrorsit mission effective.
So all this chaotic thing is due to the Lost Christmas which happened 10 years prior to the story (it must alwaaaayyyyssss be ten years ago). Useless boy, hot blonde and slut seemed to be related to it, just that one of them experienced amnesia (oh this is so uncommon!). And since then some kind of magical cancer that turns people into breakable crystal started to spread. There are also science facility, which makes me question IS THIS REALLY SCIENCE FICTION with all your magical Void and magical cancer stuff??
you'll have a mahou shoujo transformation scene in a sci-fi show... and it makes me wonder where did she get those clothes?
Towards the end the supernatural magical part becomes even more ridiculous. I don't even want to mention it here lol.
Let's not forget the girl in the wheelchair, the GAR-est character in the anime, and the best partner for the useless guy if she's not always with the neko-girl. I also love the other blonde guy who sides the gov, he reminds me of Draco Malfoy, and it's really too bad he isn't given enough time to... like... join the good side because I think he's really a sweet boy.
in GC you control mechas by sleeping, and once you get attacked you'll experience some kind of orgasm lol. So where's Daryl's version...
Art and animation are pretty. Just that I'm most disturbed by slut girls impractical combat costume. Yeah i know she's an idol in the story (but that doesn't seem to be a big deal, and then she has no personality) but that doesn't mean it's completely okay to dress like a whore while you're fighting robots. Not gonna get started with why only the girls are given fanservice-y costume compared to the guys lol. Now let's move on to the mecha - not very memorable. I'm no mecha fan but from the very few robot themed shows I know a good mecha when i see one (I think? LOL).
I know some may enjoy this show but the overall quality isn't that great. Well, if the show is that terrible I would've dropped it halfway. But I successfully finished it, only to provide a negative review for those who stumbled upon my humble blog.
Gai and Daryl. I'm not even gonna bother putting Shu here cos he looks as boring as his character is muahahahah





No comments:
Post a Comment