[WARNING: May Contain Spoilers]
When I was first introduced to this anime, from reading the summary I thought it was rather typical; the protagonist suffers amnesia and somewhat has an alter-ego inside him. I refused to watch it at first, until I took a look at the list of characters: Men... men... and moar men... men.. oh a girl... men.. men... men.......... men........ FUKUYAMA JUN!!! Okay that's probably the main reason why I wanted to see this (apart from having overpopulation of men).
[Disclaimer: All images does not belong to me]
Anyways, the story is about a boy named Teito Klein who lost his memories at a certain age and is treated as a war-slave ever since. The authorities aka villains are after his hidden powers until one day some kebaboom event happened causing him to escape from his military school with the help of his best friend, Mikage. The bad guys lead by Ayanami (male version of Rei get lawl) pursued him while he was flying in the air with no where to go but failed. Then he crash landed on a group of priests, which consists of 3 guys that makes girls drool endlessly. Consequently he was brought to their so called church which worshipped "7 ghosts" aka 7 pieces of their God. Then all the shit happens in there...
[that's the so called epic tagline yeah]
07-Ghost demographic is supposed to be shoujo, but what I can say about this show is.. "It's not supposed to be shonen-ai, but it IS shonen-ai". I mean, come on. Look at the cast. They're all men. The 3 nuns probably just existed to beautify the place, and the only MOE chic is the mermaid who plays the pipe organ. The 3 priests or whatever you call 'em, are potrayed to be straight (Frau collects pr0n, while Castor is fond of the mermaid and making female dolls. Mmm maybe Labrador is the gay-est since he likes flowers), but it's not very convincing. Now don't let me start with Mikage... the best friend of all best friends and is totally gay PROVEN BY HIS FINAL WORDS dammit. Oh and the villains are gay too. Most of them are partners and they're like... have to be mutually dependent on each other. Even Ayanami, who has a thing for Frau and Teito.
[Razette doesn't speak. Good, at least she's not annoying]
OKAY FINE! I admit. Every episode of 07-Ghost Made me "KYAAAAAAAAA" every 5 minutes or so =_____=
The art, is definitely nicer looking in the anime adaptation than in the manga. The magic stuff... is well... I dunno. Just like that... in a unique way. OH I can't remember, it was sooo last year. Anyway, reincarnation plays a huge part in the original story. Too bad we can only see too few in the adaptation... like this little pink dragon here...
[Burupya is a DRAGON cub. Really]
Storywise, I can't really say since it's kind of incomplete. As in, the manga is still ongoing; Teito and company has gone out for their own adventures. After several episodes in the military school, most of the time they spent was inside the church. it's also where Teito chose to become an apprentice bishop along with his roommate Hakuren (FUKUJUN get). Hakuren is probably the best supportive character in the story, or among those anime I've seen. He may be arrogant at first, but it turns out that he can easily accept trufax that may seem farfetched to an average person. Okay back to storyline... not that great but it was okay. Still... NO COMMENT.
Oh yeah, sorry to say that the plot does not focus much on the 7 Ghosts, so it kinda makes you wonder moar about it. Only 3 ghosts made their appearences in the anime. Just read the manga, it's recent chapters focuses on them already.
[OH SO FABULOUS! Seiyuu: FukuJun duhhh]





No comments:
Post a Comment