Saturday, October 9, 2010

Review: Kimi ni Todoke

sup guys. I'm back (in reviewing anime)!! Well not officially. I'm gonna waste my first one hour in the campus library writing some reviews. Haven't done this for a long time though.

I'm gonna start off writing reviews on the animes I left unreviewed since last year. Now this may be a little late, but who cares? As if people take my blog seriously XD


[WARNING: May contain spoilers!]


Photobucket

Kimi ni Todoke, aka From Me to You (direct translation is "Reaching You") is a shoujo manga about a shy and quiet girl mistakenly seen as a ghost due to her scary face and misleading name. Kuronuma Sawako (nicknamed Sadako) admires a certain classmate, who's apparently the most popular guy in school but at least he's well liked for his friendliness instead of looks (unlike most shoujo manga). From admiration turn to crush then FALLING IN LOVE.

Sounds typical? Yeah, I'd like to avoid Shoujo manga if possible. But everything was so sweet and soothing from the beginning, I find it hard to dislike it. The story reminds me of Bukiyou na Silent (a BL manga), which is also about a quiet person who fell in love with the outgoing guy... well minus the indecent parts :D. However, it didn't stop me from dropping the show. because... EVERYTHING IS SO SWEET! Characters are loveable. Even the b1tchiest girl isn't that much of a nuisance. The heroine's newfound BFFs aren't too quick to believe in bad rumours, and have enough common sense to analyse them. The hero is like... well, if you think Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji) is the most perfect man ever, then I beg to differ. Kazehaya Shouta is like your ideal boyfriend, and at least he is human! But he doesn't make it to my fave chara harem... I think this dude is too pure for me ;__;. Sawako on the other hand, may come off as a bit of a masochist when she accepted the fact that she appears ghastly and offers to become THE GHOST. A little blunt, but I don't see it as a bad thing cos she didn't take the nickname as an offense.

KnT not only focuses on the main hero and heroine, but the other supporting characters as well. I personally like the love story between Chizu-chan (the tomboy) and Ryu (the stoic guy), and how Sawako is involved in keeping Ryu's secret feelings for his childhood friend. Yano-chin wasn't given much development yet, but I have a funny feeling she'd be in a relationship with Pin Sensei (my sister reads the manga, I could ask her about it). So i'm hoping for a season 2. And putting the romance aside... the friendship part is made FTW.

When it comes to seiyuu, when I first heard Sawako's voice I knew it was Mamiko Noto! Her voice is standard like that XD. Then Kazehaya was played Daisuke Namikawa, one of my favourite seiyuus due to this his versatility (most notably as both North and South Italy!). Other than that, I love the OP, which is also entitled Kimi ni Todoke by Tanizawa Tomifumi. The lyrics make me think of Sakura tree somehow lulz.

Ok here comes the "very personal opinion" part:
No matter how romantic it seems, somehow I kinda dislike the fact that you have to depend on a particular guy you like to improve your social life. One should appreciate more than just one person who changed you. Like your BFFs. Somewhere in the middle of the series, it gets a little boring because of the sentimental monologs... which is supeeerrrr loooooong I could yawn ten enduring them D:
Overall it was alright. I have to admit I did cry at one episode cos I'm reminded of... something related.

Anyway I won't state my rating here, I've already done that in MyAnimeList profile.

....I think this review is lame cos I can't diss it much XD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers