Friday, October 8, 2010

Adam Lambert Glam Nation Tour Live in Malaysia 2010

This blog has been dead for so long. I have a plenty of anime/jdrama/album/movie reviews to write, I just didn’t have the time for it, not to mention effort. However, today I will be reviving this blog for the sake of my beloved Adam Lambert.

To be frank, I dreaded Adam’s forthcoming. Him coming to Malaysia, was like an impossible dream to me – with the you-know-what controversies and all. And I was hoping that he wouldn’t come, for I will be in despair since chances for me to see him in concert are slim due to many obstacles (main problem: MONEY!). Ever since I heard the news that he’s coming, I can’t put my mind at rest. I’m all fidgety... hesitant... suffering... I drowned my sorrow by watching random videos of him in different concerts. And it made me long for him even more...
And so I found this contest and decided to participate, hoping that it can save my sanity!



Photobucket

Details of the concert are as below:

Date: 14 October 2010 (Thursday)
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Putra Indoor Stadium, Bukit Jalil

Adam is perhaps the most glamorous and flamboyant of them all among all the American Idol contestants, so you know it’s sure to be a great show! Are you a big fan of Glambert? Well, we’ve got good news for you DiGi is giving away tickets to DiGi Angels for the Adam Lambert Glam Nation Tour Live in Malaysia 2010!

All you have to do is write a blog post telling us what you love about Adam Lambert, and why you should win the exclusive tickets from DiGi. After you’re done, drop us a comment on this blog post with the permalink of your entry. Wanna know the prizes up for grabs?

1st prize x2: 3 exclusive DiGi Zone tickets worth RM 298 each (right behind Mosh Pit)
2nd prize x2: 2 exclusive DiGi Zone tickets worth RM 298 each (right behind Mosh Pit)

This contest starts now and ends 11.59 pm on 10 October 2010, so start sending in your entries now! The winners will be announced on 11 October 2010.

For more information on the Adam Lambert Glam Nation Tour Live in Malaysia 2010, log on to http://www.digi.com.my/whatshot/promotions/adam/index.do.


1. what you love about Adam Lambert
Let me tell you a story. It’s a bit long so bear with me for a while.
And let me be honest with you; I didn’t watch American Idol Season 8 from the beginning. Talent shows? Got bored of them. Same old thing all over again. That’s why I didn’t bother. And besides, staying in college hostel and studies kept me away from TV. After several weeks stuck in campus, I finally returned home and my mom started telling me about some goth guy who did a cover on Muse’s version of “Feeling Good”. I didn’t get why she was telling me that, but maybe it’s due to the fact that I started experimenting on goth make-up around that time and being Muse fan? Whatever it was I end up watching AI8 with my mom. I can’t recall which episode it was, but it was somewhere in the middle of finalists episodes?

Then it was his turn on stage... I was like... Oh okay, eyeliners. Cool. Maybe he’s just looks. I’m not so easily charmed so maybe this guy is just one of those typical pop stars. Then when he started singing... BAM! I fell in love! Madly in love, I say! His voice is THE BOMB! He’s definitely
an angel who swept me off my feet!

Mom let me preview the songs he covered in previous shows, and I was completely blown away by his performances. He’s so amazing that he can do completely different versions of “If I can’t Have You” (BeeGees), “Mad World” (Tears for Fears) and “Ring of Fire” (Johnny Cash) without changing the tune! THAT IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HIM THE MOST! Proving that he’s not just vocally talented but musically creative as too!

And if he wasn’t incredible enough, why would Queen want him to become their new vocalist? Why would Justin Hawkins (from The Darkness), Muse, P!nk and even Lady Gaga each contributed a track for his debut album? Not to mention that he wrote his own songs too! See, even if he didn’t win the title of American Idol, but he’s ALREADY AN IDOL the moment he first set foot in the audition! This is what Talent Shows need; someone who can actually sing and perform in such a unique way. I don’t even give a rat’s arse if he’s gay, and I’m not a homophobe to begin with. I’d undergo a sex change just to get in his pants HYAHAHA (just kidding~ :P). Speaking of gay, I admire him for not being ashamed of who he is... even the way he defended himself with his "artistic freedom" when he acted inappropriately in American Music Awards 2009. It disappointed me a little, but my feelings for him remained unchanged. He eventually accepted the public's criticism and reminded his fans who enraged for him to calm down (according to his twitter. YES, I do follow his tweets) - thus, making me loving him so much more. And I gotta admit that performance was a major turn on. *blushes* (In spite of secretly wanting it, I hope he doesn't do that kind of stuff in Malaysia. But I believe he won't. I just beliiiieeeeeve in him!)

Anyway, am I the only one who noticed that Adam’s live performances sound so much better than the recorded ones? In my opinion, Adam’s talent is amplified on stage. I mean, not all singers can do this perfectly and t
hey often sound worse on stage than their studio version (he’s adorable even when he screwed up), and I love him for that. No Auto-tune needed, just pure talent! You know I didn't like For Your Entertainment when I first heard it (cos it reminds me of Britney), but when he performed that single in AMA09 it was so awesome that I fell in love with him all over again! And then he also conquered Muse's Starlight in his own way! That is why I WANT TO SEE ADAM PRANCING AROUND UP THERE AND SERANADE IN FRONT OF ME! YEAHHH

*cough* Yes, I know. I'm insane.

Why you should win the exclusive tickets from DiGi?
I should win the tickets, firstly it’s because I’m a DiGi user.

Secondly, my birthday is at the end of the month so it would be THE BEST birthday present for me, right? I mean, come on, DiGi! Even if you gave me free extra credits / phonecalls I’m not the type who call people. You can spare me that service and give me the tickets instead! I’m willing to sacrifice!! (SRSLY)

Thirdly... ah, I run out of ammo. But here’s the best thing I can do...


Photobucket


Photobucket

[based on a concert where he was swishing a red whip~]

Photobucket

mmmmmmm sexy!!

All artworks are drawn by me 8D. I wonder if I print it out and give it to him he'd like it... w00t! Anyways, thank you for viewing!

2 comments:

  1. I think he will, if you do 3D-ish style. I mean like real life artwork, as what his poster looks like. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously dislike drawing 3D portrait. :3

    It's like taking photo in a manual way. Photograph is enough to produce an accurate image, so when it comes to drawing I prefer to use some creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Followers