[WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]
I realized that it's about a year since Baka To Test to Shoukanjuu aired (short BakaTest), but I'm always late when it comes to reviews. Just don't give a fark, I just feel like writing. Anyway, before you start reading... I'm gonna have to warn you that it's a goddamn lame review :(
[disclaimer: image does not belong to me]
Studio: Silver Link
Original Author: Kenji Inoue
Literal meaning: Idiots and Tests and Summoned Beings
As the image shows, it's about a school life. And it's not an ordinary school life either cos in this school you can actually summon a chibi version of yourself to battle with others. But it's not easy to simply summon them, cos in order to have high Health Points (HP) and strong Attack Points you need to get high marks in your tests. And the story mostly revolves around the idiots of F class.
Of course, if the author had picked the A class students there wouldn't be any story, would it? Nah Special A can make it happen, and people from other classes worship them like gods. While the A class students in BakaTest are portrayed as arrogant b1tches.
Here's brief description on our beloved idiots:
1. Akihisa Yoshii - the protagonist and the main idiot of the story. He's not such a bad guy really, but IMO he needs to work a little harder. I mean, he's not THAT dumb when it comes to friendship and all. Well at least he knows how to cook.
2. Mizuki Himeji - Supposed to be in A class, but she was sick during a test that caused her to fail and be thrown into F class. When given a chance to retake a test to transfer into A class, she purposedly failed cos she wanted to stick to the F class just because the guy she likes is there. Stupid ne? Moreover, she fell in love with the guy who happened to be kind to her when she fainted. Pfff anybody could have done that! Double stupid.
3. Yuuji Sakamoto - The class representative. He's also supposedly a smart guy, but he's lazy so that's why he's in F. Doesn't really give a sh1t about being in that class either. That yandere who's obsessed with him is his childhood friend, but he is not comfortable with it. Probably cos he's gay with Yoshii.
4. Minami Shimada - An extremely abusive tsundere who has inferiority complex about her flat chest. After many years of staying in Germany, she has problems reading kanji, thus her most powerful subject is math. For some reason, she also likes the idiot Himeji likes. WHY AHH?? Anyways, unlike most typical tsunderes, she is a good cook! *_*
5. Kouta Tsuchiya - aka Muttsurini, the most perverted character in BakaTest and is not ashamed to display his perverted actions. His hobby is photography... ahem... "photography". His trademark is his tendacy to nosebleed, and his best subject is Health Education... unlucky for him not 'practically' yet.
5. Hideyoshi Kinoshita - THIS. IS. THE. LIMELIGHT. OF BAKATEST! For the first time I'm seeing moe-tards being gay over a guy. To be honest I love traps, Hideyoshi is one of my top 10 but not top 3, and he ain't the most appealing trap to me. It's funny that, he's one of the F class students while his twin sister is in A class. Though he isn't as smart as the latter, his acting skills is a great weapon to start a havoc between classes :3
Original Author: Kenji Inoue
Literal meaning: Idiots and Tests and Summoned Beings
As the image shows, it's about a school life. And it's not an ordinary school life either cos in this school you can actually summon a chibi version of yourself to battle with others. But it's not easy to simply summon them, cos in order to have high Health Points (HP) and strong Attack Points you need to get high marks in your tests. And the story mostly revolves around the idiots of F class.
Of course, if the author had picked the A class students there wouldn't be any story, would it? Nah Special A can make it happen, and people from other classes worship them like gods. While the A class students in BakaTest are portrayed as arrogant b1tches.
Here's brief description on our beloved idiots:
1. Akihisa Yoshii - the protagonist and the main idiot of the story. He's not such a bad guy really, but IMO he needs to work a little harder. I mean, he's not THAT dumb when it comes to friendship and all. Well at least he knows how to cook.
2. Mizuki Himeji - Supposed to be in A class, but she was sick during a test that caused her to fail and be thrown into F class. When given a chance to retake a test to transfer into A class, she purposedly failed cos she wanted to stick to the F class just because the guy she likes is there. Stupid ne? Moreover, she fell in love with the guy who happened to be kind to her when she fainted. Pfff anybody could have done that! Double stupid.
3. Yuuji Sakamoto - The class representative. He's also supposedly a smart guy, but he's lazy so that's why he's in F. Doesn't really give a sh1t about being in that class either. That yandere who's obsessed with him is his childhood friend, but he is not comfortable with it. Probably cos he's gay with Yoshii.
4. Minami Shimada - An extremely abusive tsundere who has inferiority complex about her flat chest. After many years of staying in Germany, she has problems reading kanji, thus her most powerful subject is math. For some reason, she also likes the idiot Himeji likes. WHY AHH?? Anyways, unlike most typical tsunderes, she is a good cook! *_*
5. Kouta Tsuchiya - aka Muttsurini, the most perverted character in BakaTest and is not ashamed to display his perverted actions. His hobby is photography... ahem... "photography". His trademark is his tendacy to nosebleed, and his best subject is Health Education... unlucky for him not 'practically' yet.
5. Hideyoshi Kinoshita - THIS. IS. THE. LIMELIGHT. OF BAKATEST! For the first time I'm seeing moe-tards being gay over a guy. To be honest I love traps, Hideyoshi is one of my top 10 but not top 3, and he ain't the most appealing trap to me. It's funny that, he's one of the F class students while his twin sister is in A class. Though he isn't as smart as the latter, his acting skills is a great weapon to start a havoc between classes :3
And for those who have not seen him DON'T YOU DARE GOOGLE HIS IMAGE 8D.
(kinda wish he's in ISML)
The rest of the characters are from different classes, go watch the anime if you're curious about them. They're just as funny as these idiots!
The rest of the characters are from different classes, go watch the anime if you're curious about them. They're just as funny as these idiots!
[shoukanjuu DO WANT!]
Now then, as I watched this anime, I was reminded by my secondary school days. There wasn't any obvious conflict between classes, but I was aware that the lower grade classes see the upper classes as somewhat arrogant. In turn, the geniuses see them as... well, idiots. I can't remember how exactly I felt; I was in A class for long but I had a friend from each of the other classes. But one thing I remember is that, just like the classes in BakaTest, the classroom condition improves from F to A. The last two years of my school life, the top classes have their own personal classrooms, so we did not have to worry about the evening session stealing our belongings left in the desks.
Back to the story. Can't remember much though. I remember thinking "Why the hell am I watching this??" In the end I was more attracted to the theme used. Not only because of the video game influence, but also how universal it was. I mean, in one anime you can see a mixture of various stereotypes; Tsundere, yandere, trap... yaoi, yuri, brother complex, imouto-type etc, and all of them were non-canon but portrayed in a sarcastic way (at least, that was how I felt). That was actually the main reason why i liked BakaTest. Didn't regret picking it up. For those who have not, please watch this if you want something for teh lulz.
Not into the OP much but the EDs are LOVE. The sequences as well. Speaking of ED, I keep forgetting to download Baka go Home!
Back to the story. Can't remember much though. I remember thinking "Why the hell am I watching this??" In the end I was more attracted to the theme used. Not only because of the video game influence, but also how universal it was. I mean, in one anime you can see a mixture of various stereotypes; Tsundere, yandere, trap... yaoi, yuri, brother complex, imouto-type etc, and all of them were non-canon but portrayed in a sarcastic way (at least, that was how I felt). That was actually the main reason why i liked BakaTest. Didn't regret picking it up. For those who have not, please watch this if you want something for teh lulz.
Not into the OP much but the EDs are LOVE. The sequences as well. Speaking of ED, I keep forgetting to download Baka go Home!
[oh yeah and imo Akihisa Yoshii as dress is cuter than Hideyoshi kthxbai. ]
Last but not least, "life is not all about grades" :3



might as well as reviewing BakaTest season 2 soon
ReplyDelete