[WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]
Kaichou wa Maid-sama (The President is a Maid!) is about a very stern female seitoukacihou President of Student Council who works part-time as a waitress in a maid café. For those who don’t know, it’s not the kind of maid you hire from Indonesia (no offense intended), but the kind of servant that is dressed in fancy French Maid costume. A particular community in Japan have this fetish therefore a maid café is opened to satisfy their fandom. Though the kaichou is oblivious to the fact that this interest comes from anime, she just had to work since her dad left her family with massive amount of debt. At least she didn’t sell her body. However, she had to keep this after school activity a secret in order to maintain her reputation at school. Until that gorgeous heartbreaker in school found out, that’s when she starts to get paranoid.
Misaki Ayuzawa – She worked her arse off to become the school president in order to be a representative of the girls welfare in that school. The school she enrolled to used to be a boys’ school, and when it turns into co-ed it’s hard for the girls to get used to the environment. Moreover that the school lacks testosterone but have that untrustworthy masculine aura instead. She’s obviously biased towards her female schoolmates, while she poses as a 'demon' towards the men. In order to help her mom who doesn't seem to be affected by the disappearance of her husband, she works as a waitress in the maid café where she’s known as Misa-chan. Misaki doesn’t give a crap about looking feminine, all that matters is that she’s happy with the way she is; a tsundere.
Misaki Ayuzawa – She worked her arse off to become the school president in order to be a representative of the girls welfare in that school. The school she enrolled to used to be a boys’ school, and when it turns into co-ed it’s hard for the girls to get used to the environment. Moreover that the school lacks testosterone but have that untrustworthy masculine aura instead. She’s obviously biased towards her female schoolmates, while she poses as a 'demon' towards the men. In order to help her mom who doesn't seem to be affected by the disappearance of her husband, she works as a waitress in the maid café where she’s known as Misa-chan. Misaki doesn’t give a crap about looking feminine, all that matters is that she’s happy with the way she is; a tsundere.
[kakkoi!!]
Takumi Usui – The hottest guy in school in the eyes of the blind girls who knew nothing of him yet straight away confess only ending up with tears. Honestly, I don’t see what’s so charming about this guy. I know even the manga version of him, he can’t even rival the bishounen-ness of the Host Club boys (Ouran) [NOT EVEN THIS]. In terms of personality, he’s rather bland to the point that his mischief doesn’t work at all. For some reason, he keeps Misaki’s secret for his own entertainment and becomes a regular at the maid café just to stalk Misa-chan. I gotta agree with Misaki that he’s a “perverted alien”. I’m always annoyed with the type of characters that are illogically perfect. But then again, Usui isn’t really the ideal man anyway. He doesn’t give a crap about other people unless Misaki is involved; I don’t see this as romantic but... "HE'S THE WORST"
[doesn't this makes you wanna punch him in the face??]
The Three Idiots – The only people other than Usui from Misaki’s school who knows of her dark secret. This comic relief gang became fans of Misa-chan right after she PWN’d them in the first episode. It’s hard to believe they were former delinquents and could even laugh about their sorry past.
Other characters include the BFFs, the fangirling cafe manager, a shota trap internet idol, J-rocker, a gynophobic (possibly) gay dude and a glutton childhood friend cum "a new challenger!".
Initially, I was impressed by how the story portrays a strong, independent girl with aikido skills to defend herself. Misaki is awesome in so many ways, and can almost pass of as a “Knight in Shining Armour”. This was further satisfied by the ‘Momotaro’ episode and the butler café challenge. Unfortunately, towards the end the story begins tumble like a rock rolling down a high steep. I’m not sure if it’s due to the fact that the tsundere weakness is gradually revealed, or it could be because of the subtle reverse harem. As for the ending, didn’t quite like the idea where the pair is somehow forced to participate in an activity for ‘couples’. I’m pretty sure this is overused, and to me it’s a lousy excuse to make them be together. And not to forget the idea where Misaki keeps getting fanboys now and then... Which is kind of typical for shoujo manga to make the heroine loved by plenty of weirdos regardless of her lack of qualities as a girlfriend/wife. I wasn’t satisfied with the final half of the season, and it’s really a disappointment because I had truly enjoyed the earlier episodes.
Other characters include the BFFs, the fangirling cafe manager, a shota trap internet idol, J-rocker, a gynophobic (possibly) gay dude and a glutton childhood friend cum "a new challenger!".
Initially, I was impressed by how the story portrays a strong, independent girl with aikido skills to defend herself. Misaki is awesome in so many ways, and can almost pass of as a “Knight in Shining Armour”. This was further satisfied by the ‘Momotaro’ episode and the butler café challenge. Unfortunately, towards the end the story begins tumble like a rock rolling down a high steep. I’m not sure if it’s due to the fact that the tsundere weakness is gradually revealed, or it could be because of the subtle reverse harem. As for the ending, didn’t quite like the idea where the pair is somehow forced to participate in an activity for ‘couples’. I’m pretty sure this is overused, and to me it’s a lousy excuse to make them be together. And not to forget the idea where Misaki keeps getting fanboys now and then... Which is kind of typical for shoujo manga to make the heroine loved by plenty of weirdos regardless of her lack of qualities as a girlfriend/wife. I wasn’t satisfied with the final half of the season, and it’s really a disappointment because I had truly enjoyed the earlier episodes.
[Just one of those costumes this tsun is forced to wear cos everything needs MOE now... h-hey! what are you looking at?]
Nothing special about the OP and ED, but I’d like to point out that the ED sequence kept hinting Usui’s origins or past, but NEVER in the anime had it revealed anything about him. I’m pretty much angry about this too. INB4 GOREADMANGA.
Nah, I’d rather not. I hate Usui anyway.
p/s: sorry can't help it but this is my favourite scene 8D
pps: honestly, I really do hate Usui. Stop calling me a tsundere DX




yeah.the only reason i watch this anime because of those three idiots. they really funny. i'm not really into the main characters. sometimes i found that usui takumi funny, but i hate it when he is the perfect+good looking guy+capable to do anything.i am neutral about misaki.
ReplyDelete