I had a test on Friday morning. For someone who did not study much, it was a fairly easy one, but I had some mistakes. Probably thanks to my reluctant attendance to the extra tutorial classes.
Once the test is over we stepped outside. It was raining lightly. Throughout the afternoon, I was't feeling well. Somewhat sleepy since I didn't sleep well, hungry because I didn't eat much for breakfast... then even after eating some bread, I still feel rather sick. I felt like a weed. It was like... I can't seem to go on but at the same time I wanted to do some work in the laboratory. It was as if I'm greiving...
Suddenly, this happened...
Once the test is over we stepped outside. It was raining lightly. Throughout the afternoon, I was't feeling well. Somewhat sleepy since I didn't sleep well, hungry because I didn't eat much for breakfast... then even after eating some bread, I still feel rather sick. I felt like a weed. It was like... I can't seem to go on but at the same time I wanted to do some work in the laboratory. It was as if I'm greiving...
Suddenly, this happened...

A
t first I saw #prayforjapan as Twitter Trending Topic, which made me wonder what was going on. It was not until someone tweeted about an Earthquake in Japan, I started lurking for the news.Before this there were foreshocks around Magnitude 7.2 starting from 9 March, then another one of Magnitude 8.9 coming from the seabed and thus...Tsunami returned to its land of origin. The moment I reached home I quickly joined my grandpa watching CNN for the news. The video footage was... really scary. Buildings shook like crazy, people panic, but none of the skyscrapers collapsed (thanks to their awesome engineering) yet the top of Tokyo Tower was bent. Yet there were towns that were not so lucky. And the worse part was watching the waves swept through the land, it was like a giant oily monster eating up a part of Japan.
[well this reminds me of the game Okami...]
Tsunami warning was alerted to over 50 countries, including the Phillipines, Indonesia and even our very own Labuan, Sabah. Peninsular Malaysia is said to be safe, but there was a video of what happened to the shore at a coast in Terengganu (and it was rather funny seeing some people living in Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan panicked when in fact it's on the opposite side. Now you know why studying Geography is important). Since I'm talking about the ocean, also need to note that a whirlpool appeared above the source of the earthquake. Freaky weh...
[the whirlpool, there are a few boats stuck in there]
Yesterday there was another quake in Tokyo with magnitude 6.8Forgot to mentioned that there were over a 100 of aftershocks after the big one. It's listed in one of the 5 biggest earthquake ever recorded on earth, but first time for Japan after over a hundred years. As I'm writing this there's already more than 1000 deaths while 10k are still missing.
The aftermath;
1. more than 45 countries are lending a helping hand.
More info here
2. my friends who have loved ones in Japan are safe
3. Some people are worried about Japanese celebrities, most of them are reported to be safe.
4. nuclear reactors had to be shut down, causing millions of home having power outage. Some reactors have radiation leaks and they were working hard to overcome this.
5. Some anime are suspended. Well, give 'em a rest peeps. I guess even the producers need some mental or emotional recess.
6. Japan island moved 2.4 meters to the east, the earth axis shifted by 25 cm.
7. Yen drops..?
Other news:
Nuclear Power plants faces new threats
raw footage of Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Photos of the aftermath - it's like looking at a glimpse of the post-apocalypse era.japan's earthquake causes the day to be a wee bit shorter
Also, please join this cause in facebook Pray For Japan
Sidenote, a volcano crater in Hawaii collapsed and a volcano erupted in Indonesia.
Before you all start spurting out 2012 is coming early... let me tell you this; it's just a prologue.
It's just happening one step at the time (before this there was one in Christchurch, New Zealand and somewhere in the USA).
There'll be more to come...
my thoughts: Well I was rather devastated. I lost my appetite yesterday (moreover I'm having some sort of diarrhea since Monday). Kind of scared too. Especially when you're a science student, specifying in Physics... you can see how powerful God is, and believe in how powerful it is in controlling the universe; affecting whatever that is happening on our insignificant planet. Okay so we know that disaster is occuring a bit too frequently, and the Middle East is having an uproar. Something is happening... and you should know what. So let's all... seek redemption together before it's too late...
well that aside, let's pray that the survivors are safe; especially from the nuclear threat or any kind of disease that may emerge after the disaster. Let's give them emotional support, they've lost too much...
EDIT: Pray for Japan heartwarming tweets. I think I love Japan even more.
p/s: Coincidentally, I was in the process of downloading Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 when it happened. A 2009 anime which I heard was good. It's ironic that it actually happened, ne?
No comments:
Post a Comment