Author: Keitarou Takahashi
Studio: White Fox
Jormungand is like a reverse harem anime (adapted from a manga), but with lots of violence and guns and knives. You have an arms dealer as the main character, and it’s a half-albino girl. She reminds me of Raito Yagami (Death Note) and Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) in a way, hence making her one of the best female characters in 2012 anime. No, not them… I think she’s more similar to Hiruma Yoichi from Eyeshield 21 as I feel the same demonic vibe from her. Her team consists of random mercenaries who specializes at different things, and are from different background. Unlike the shoujo or otoge harem at least these guys work together to protect her. Most significant character would be the child soldier and the dyke.
In fact the female characters are the only ones who seem very eccentric or maybe autistic while there isn’t much to say about the guys. I thought it was weird for a really cool anime to have a few dumb femme fatales.
oh yes please enjoy this song
Or the whole plot even – not sure if I was confused, not paying attention or forgot. What I understood is it’s all about Koko Hekmatyar using her silvertongue to do business. Plus I enjoyed the tactical battle scenes more than anything lol. Obviously it’s all about going for missions, protecting their leader and finding who they are. And then there are episodes which focuses on the individual characters as well. Not sure how all these are connected to the plot though.
It’s really sad that I can’t put much input in this review. I guess this anime isn’t something I could connect with (maybe due to the fact that I’m not a military faggot). It felt like a waste of time as it personally wasn't too memorable, which is why I am hesitating to watch season 2. But I do like certain parts of it, and I don’t regret meeting Koko.
doing it right: military girls aren't supposed to look moe


No comments:
Post a Comment