It's been over a week since my last update.
Shit happened. So I was not realy in the mood to update blogs although I have my drafts ready.
I actually forgot the topic that I intended to write in this blogpost. But I'm gonna begin with something anyway. I just resumed my lower intermediate Japanese class a month ago. I did a last minute revision on my "beginner 2" notes. The next day a couple of classmates mentioned that they didn't revise, and probably forgot what they've learnt. Typical. I must've forgotten a few things too. But then... since I watch anime and listen to Japanese music most of the time, I think I've been revising unconsciously. I haven't reached that level, but it's easy to remember vocabs and a few verbs when you often rape your ears with Japanese audio.
My only problem is remembering the particles, and probably sentence structure. Ask me to speak spontaneously then i'd be like...
Oyeah so here's the supposedly main content. I've been thinking about the 'nerd culture' or 'otaku culture', whatever you call it. When I was a lot younger I thought nerds and geeks are those gariben/bookworms who don't really have a social life. But now, tumblr tells me otherwise. Fangirls and fanboys are like the subsection of the nerd culture. And then I wonder how does this differ with the non-nerds (or what we call 'normalfags' ). But then I define 'normalfag' as someone who doesn't have any particular hobby and follow the norms and mainstream stuff. Of course there are nerds who follow the norms but seems like nerds have something that they can occupy with. And I'm also talking about non-anime geeks like those who likes cars or sports or... oh, hmm does being a shop-a-holic considered a nerd too? Do Beliebers, Little Monsters, Directionals include in the nerd culture too? I know Doctor Who and Star Trek fans are considered "nerds". But how do they differ?
It's like they're so obsessed with their fandoms that they notice that there's nothing wrong with their love life (not that it's a problem to me). Being someone who is interested in various things, I tend not to understand the life of those who are not attached to anything 'fun'. Occassionally I hang out with my non-nerd fans, and we can talk about general things... but somehow it's not as exciting as conversing like below...
- "hey do you watch
?" - "yeah the animation is pretty good but I personally hate the ending"
- "IKR? Remember the time when
did " - "Yeah seems like there's a loophole there. Because
mentioned that . But why is the ending like that?" - And then you two start being all philosophical and whatnot. And you're probably discuss about the songs and moe/bishin characters too.
Okay so that's one of the most sophisticated example of a conversation. Because most of the time I hear derpy shallow fangirling kind of talk (hey I'm guilty of this too)... or just a bunch of otaku-joke that no normalfag can understand (THIS CONSPIRACY THEORY EVENT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BUT THEN SOMEONE SENT A D-MAIL TO THE PAST SO OUR CURRENT WORLD LINE DOESN'T SEE IT HAPPEN!!!!). Bottomline, it's fun to be occupied with silly things; you'll forget your despair and you get ideas for fanfic. you learn life lessons. You may walk alone in a shopping mall, feeling sad or neutral, suddenly you see something that reminds you of your fandom, suddenly you're grinning like an idiot. Hey it makes your day.
Yeah being a nerd is fun :3 and we do have a LIFE!
Next... FALL ANIME.
So I'm gonna watch Magi, Ixion Saga, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito and Code Breaker. So far I've already seen Zetsuen no Tempest and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and the most anticipated...
K!!
I'm most impressed with this anime, since the first episode gave me a lot of eye-candy. It's so intriguing and so mysterious, and you wanna know more. Though it may remind you of Durarara!!, No.6, Persona 3 (game) and probably Code Geass and Guilty Crown. The characters look so perfect, it's impossible to choose who you want to fall in love with (who cares. TAKE ALL BISHOUNENS!!!) And the cast is wuahahaha c'mon~ you have Tomokazu Sugita, Tsuda Kenjirou, Ono Daisuke, Takahiro Sakurai, Mamoru Miyano, Fukuyama Jun, Kaji Yuki, Namikawa Daisuke and even Sawashiro Miyuki! I have high hopes for K but I hope it didn't turn out to be like Sacred Seven, it looked amazing at first but then it was mehhh. However, K has beautiful OST to make up for it even if it reaches a downfall. The OST is composed by Mikio Endo... apparently he's a newbie composer and K is his first work. I look forward to this. I miss looking forward and get all excited towards an anime, ever since Tiger & Bunny is over nothing else seem to complete me.
Yeah this shall be the only first impression post in this blog haha.


No comments:
Post a Comment