Monday, March 18, 2013

Animax Carnival 2013

I didn't go to Animax Carnival last year but this year the event took place in a confined area somewhere in Sunway Pyramid. No entrance fee but you have to queue up if you want to enter the Animax realm, but it's not as bad as ComicFiesta.

thank goodness it did not rain inside

Once you enter the realm you're obliged to do some rituals before exiting - in order words you don't have freedom to wander around but since it's small and there's nothing much to see, then it's understandable. No official merchandise and doujin booths. So you had your body stamped with some symbols from hunter x hunter or Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail's mark is finished, so I took Cait Shelter guild logo cos I like Wendy. Then you play three of the games usually found in Japanese festivals. Forgot what they're called but I like the Daruma game... too bad I can only hit once -_-

Then there's the lolwhut photobooths and wheel of fortune thingy. Me and future-dr Lime had fun giggling at the shotas wearing the sailor costume sdkdshfkhsdfhsdkfhdfk.

Then once our rituals are finished, coincidentally the cosplay competition started. Unfortunately the competition is biased towards Fairy Tail only but good thing I'm a FairyFag so I enjoyed most of it.

You can also see the event happening from up above. I forgot to mention May'n did a performance on Saturday but I had class that time. I'm not a huge fan of May'n but I do love her Brain Diver song ;_;

Cosplayers were scattered everywhere. My friends and I planned to have lunch at Sushi King but then obviously that the place is weeabo infested. Even Sakae sushi. So we opt for Teppanyaki!

Anyway I love this Kuroko, it reminds me of this Kurokonyan


and then my kokoro went きどきどきどきどきどきどきどきどきどきどきどきどwhen I saw these two!


here's the rest of the photos I took

Overall I wasn't so satisfied with the event itself, but I'm happy enough to find the nice cosplays and the most important thing is to get to gather with friends no i'm not being tsundere or anything

One thing I dislike most is the tendency for event organizers to give really big and wide goodie bags, but there's not even a thing inside it. The last huge goodie bag I got was from AFA Singapore, with One Piece pictures and I had to buat muka tebal walking from the MRT station to the KTM checkpoint. The WORST part is it's very inconvenient in the crowds cos it may get stuck or hit random people. Once the bag accidentally hit some arab girl and she was glaring at me like I did the most wonderful sin.

This is short and simple okay bye (i gotta focus on reviewing anime next...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers