[WARNING: May Contain Spoilers]
Even after watching I don’t really get why people are all over it. Okay, I’m pretty impressed with the character backstories especially Yui and Maeda. For a pink haired psycho moe girl, she’s the one I like most, and more than Kanade. No, I don’t hate Kanade. I don't see Kanade having any personality compared to Yui. Just I don’t understand why the quiet girl is the most voted in ISML. I mean, c’mon! Yui’s story is totally inspiring! But none can beat Maeda’s!
Anyway, Angel Beats is about… er… the afterlife. Turns out the afterlife is a school. Complete with school uniform and classes and student council and sports day! And I guess you kind of have the chance to live a life again, but depends on how things turn out; you’d either become the NPC (Non Playable Character?) or disappear. Er… after disappearing, does that mean you reincarnate? Man… for a story about the sorrows of afterlife, it sure doesn’t seem too sad. Also, the story is like going through a video game. Everytime you KO you’ll get another chance to live. And with that fact too I don’t really get why the characters need to grieve if one party member is struck by a giant iron ball. The show has a great number of characters, but too bad we didn't get to know each and everyone of 'em. It's also unfair for the existing members to be ignored while the 'new members' pasts are discovered.
[IMO too many characters ain't suitable for 13 episode action anime]
And it’s funny how all this while the SSS team is doing nothing but chase something that’s not even evil. And I feel sad for Yurippe in the end… not cos I pity her crazy plans were in vain but how she’s all nice to Kanade in the end is quite hypocritical to me -__- I mean, she could’ve tried a more gentler approach to find out about Kanade! But I guess the crazy plans are just to make viewers laugh. (a concert to make a distraction? whut...)i don't fancy the character design much. Hate how the eyes are drawn.
The songs are okay, not much into the OP “My Soul, Your Beats” until Yui version comes (sung by LiSa). That one was BAM, hits the spot. To be honest, Girls Dead Monster’s music didn’t appeal to me. If it did, I would’ve remembered all of the songs as I write this. Oh yeah, "My Song" was good… buy Iwasawa’s voice sound more like a sick girl trying to sing, so I downloaded Yui’s version instead.
Ok overall, I still don’t think it should dub as the “best series ever”, probably thanks to the fact that I don’t fancy reincarnation themes. Cos… well… you got a chance to live again why is there a need to be sad? I don’t like the storyline much but I do love the characters...


No comments:
Post a Comment