Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Review: Moyashimon!

Seriously, I’ve got a lot of pending drafts in store but I don’t seem to bother updating them. Guess I’m not much of a blogger. It’s not that anyone would care... (right?). So anyways, I feel like reviewing one of the most recent anime that I’ve seen (and finished).


KAMASUZO!


Thanks to a
hime who showed me a Gothic Lolita Kiss scene that reeks some BL (bwahaha~), I include Moyashimon in my to-do list until I found the DVD sold with 50% discount. I know that I’m gonna risk reading lame subtitles but I’m not diligent enough to find download links, so I don’t really care much as long as I get the message.
Summary: Moyashimon is about a guy who can see microbes/bacteria/microorganism who goes by the name Tadayasu Sawaki. Tadayasu is a freshmen in an agricultural university in Japan along with his childhood friend, Kei Yuuki, a son of sake brewers. Tadayasu’s ability caught the interest of Professor Keizo Itsuki – who knows kid’s grandfather and is a pretty much relaxed old dude. The postgraduate student under his supervison, Haruka Hasegawa (some kind of more sophisticated type tsundere, I think) finds it hard to believe at first, especially when Tadayasu reveals that the microbes seen in his eyes are different from the images seen in electron microscopes. Other than them, some other seniors decided to use this ability for their own profit, but in the end they were the ones who can be considered as Tadayasu’s true friends *is touched*.

Review: There wasn’t anything great, but I gotta admit the idea of being able to see microorganisms and understand how it works without even studying it. HOW ENVIOUS. Much like Hetalia and Yakitate Japan! where we learn about history and bread making (respectively) in an interesting way. Damn, these Japanese people aren’t only 30 years ahead in terms of technology, but it seems that their dreativity is way ahead too. However, it was troublesome for me to comprehend the erm... the scientific process. Maybe because I’m in a totally different field... but then again I’ve always disliked biology (the only thing I’m excited about is the electron microscope fufufu). So yeah, I had to resist throwing up when Prof Itsuki was explaining about the fermentation.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t google about the microorganisms in the middle of watching it XD. But I only scanned through the wiki page, I don't think I can read and indulge into it. My mind is already mindraep-ed enough by nuclear physics. And by the way, the cartoony microbes are cute. Suddenly, I remember one Biology undergraduate refers the subject “microbiology” as micro-B, and confusing it Physics micro-P, short for microprocessor. Hmm speaking of that, O-157 aka E. Coli reminds me of LED (Light Emitting Diode). Inb4 Physics version! (actually, I’ve been thinking of human representation of Chemical Elements for a while. But I'm not creative enough to make it awesome and original. sobs...)
Even if I'm disgusted by the detailed explanation, I still wish there's more. So I heard the manga is still ongoing... why stop till 11 episodes? D:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers